Patient Access Customer Service Representative, Midnight Shi
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: July 13, 2019
About UsAkron Children's Hospital is one of the largest independent
pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best
children's hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated
staff serves nearly 800,000 patient visits per year through our 2
hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary
and specialty care.We are leading the way to healthier futures for
children and communities through expert medical care, research, and
prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of
Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train
new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and
pharmacists every year.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.Shift
Information: Night JobSchedule: 40 hours/week, 11:00 p.m. - 7:30
a.m. Every other weekend including holidaysPosition Summary:
Admitting function: Initial contact for all patient access
admitting services: to include, but not limited to:
pre-admission/admission data collection; inpatient
admission/updating and ongoing maintenance of inpatient bed/patient
census activity. Process medical records discharges and retrieve
medical records, as applicable. Schedule all outpatient surgery
tours. Registers complete and accurate social, demographic and
financial information to create the patient's record in the system.
Obtains the appropriate signatures on the necessary forms to treat
the patient and to bill the insurance. Prepares forms and patient
id cards. Confirms financial eligibility when applicable. Processes
the patient record and financial folders. Maintains/controls on the
cash flow of payments and daily deposits. Cross-train in
Admitting/ER in all aspects for coverage of areas.
- High school diploma.
- One to two years experience in registration, insurance
verification/pre-certification, patient accounts and/or customer
service functions, preferably in a medical setting, or a
combination of education and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to pass typing test administered by hr of 30 wpm.
- Preferred medical terminology knowledge or documented
certification of class completion.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office/window based applications.
- Ability to interact with individuals from any social, economic
and cultural status.
- Ability to operate a pc, facsimile, and other related office
- Ability to effectively interact with patient/customers (ie,
neonates/newborns, children, adolescents, young adults, middle-aged
adults and geriatric adults as applicable) with the understanding
of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize in an ever-changing
environment without sacrificing quality/customer service, delivery
or cost efficiency.
- Ability to work with others or independently on routine tasks,
to follow written and oral instructions, referring special problems
or unusual situations to the appropriate supervisor.
- Ability to provide and promote professional, efficient and
congenial customer service through all communication and
interaction with patients. Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal
Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans,
and Individual with Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy
paste the link below to learn more:
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Patient Access Customer Service Representative, Midnight Shi, Sales , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!