Field Sales Associate
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting,
rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent
protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help
you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here,
you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways
you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a
company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using
and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The primary objective of the Field Sales Associate Trainee position
is to learn about company sales and customer service practices and
demonstrate the application and mastery of sales and leadership
concepts that will lead the incumbent to a sales leadership
position as deemed appropriate.
Development and Education Activities
- Successfully completes the education and development program
- Develops the skills and competencies necessary to transition to
a front-line sales leadership position.
- Attends and participates in Pre-Center, New Agency Owner
Education (NAOE), and Post-Center phases of the agency education
- Works in a high performing agency for a specified period of
time to successfully complete the selling and agency development
- Successfully completes the Field Sales Leadership development
phase, including, but not limited to, the following regional
- Agency support (recruiting, agency establishment, agency
development, inside sales support).
- Sales promotions
- Agency analysis (reports, demographic information, agency
quality results, Property& Casualty (P&C) compliance and
Financial Services (FS) securities supervision).
- Claims overview
- Completes FS sales, product and processing overview and
- Completes Designated Supervisory Principal (DSP) licensing
- Completes any other leadership and development workshops as
- Participates in leader job shadowing across all sales
functional areas (Sales Support Department, Agency Sales
- Achieve successful results through P&C processes and AF
- Apply knowledge and skills learned during the Education
- Demonstrate agency management and process skill
- Understand agency office workflow, new business, cross line,
and retention processes and other general office operating
procedures and standards Key Responsibilities
- Gain knowledge and skills needed to be able to sell mutual
funds, variable annuities and universal life products in a manner
complaint within the securities industry regulations
- Demonstrate External & Internal selling skills
- Demonstrate TOI proficiency Recruiting
- Develop skills necessary to appoint EAs as an FSL
- Understand the relationship between activity and results and be
able to translate learning's to the Agency Business Owner and their
- Understand Cash Flow, Incentives and Business Planning to
assist an EA through the appointment process
- Develop interview and 'closing' skills Market Prep
Develop the skill sets and core competencies to be able to:
- Build and maintain best practices for the successful
development of new agencies/ AFS Process with existing & New
- Assist new agencies in developing office organization and
implementation of consistent repeatable processes to run their
- Develop, communicate and execute processes for new business
generation and renewal retention
- Assist new agents with Tier One or Tier Two Bonus
- Ability to articulate, assemble and deliver information
- Perform administrative functions and utilize technology to
achieve maximum effectiveness
- Capture, compile all information pertaining to agency visits
via the prescribed management tool Core Competencies
- Develop Core Competencies which are a combination of
complementary skills and knowledge bases that results in the FSAs
ability to execute business objectives
- Demonstrate the application and mastery of sales and leadership
concepts that are pivotal to a distribution leadership position Job
Preferred Education and Experience
- 5 years sales and/or sales management experience
- 4 year college degree preferred
- Designated Supervisory Principal Analytical and Technical
- Understanding of pricing, claims, local market planning, sales
trend analysis and marketing data.
- Ability to analyze trends, develops measurement systems, and
develops corrective actions.
- Extensive P&C and FS product knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of securities supervision and DSP
- Knowledge of the industry including competitors and
- Experience using Allstate technology (i.e. ALSTAR, My Agency
Results, Agency IMPACT System, Dashboard, LCRT) and Microsoft
- Knowledge of Allstate Agency Standards, premium/profitability
drivers, and process installation.
- Business consulting and sales skills knowledge and experience.
- Strong communication skills - Includes presentation, business
writing, negotiation, motivation and relationship management.
- Problem solving skills - Uses judgment by applying broad
knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues.
- Team building skills - Blends people into teams when needed;
creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the
whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team..
- Talent management - Fosters an environment that provides
learning opportunities and support.
- Planning and organizational skills - Can engage resources
(people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can
orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses
resources effectively and efficiently. Job Qualifications
- Business knowledge and leadership skills
- Ability to develop effective internal relationships across
- Overnight travel Required Licenses (including certifications)
- P&C, Life and Health Licenses as appropriate for the
- Industry certifications (preferred) The candidate(s) offered
this position will be required to submit to a background
investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands--.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a
competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total
Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance,
medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and
401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to
help you balance your work and personal life -- including a
generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter ,
Facebook , Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video .
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for
employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA)
1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a
discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a
prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by
refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a
veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the
Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information
regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information
regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified
individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a
veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Keywords: Allstate, Akron , Field Sales Associate, Sales , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!