Patient Service Rep ENT
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: January 27, 2023
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at akronchildrens.org .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Part Time (16 hours per week), M-F 8:00am to 4:30pm
The Patient Service Representative provides a comprehensive set of
business, financial and appointment- related services including
verifying and updating patient and insurance information in the EMR
- Provide for smooth running of office by setting and revising
priorities based on workload and anticipating needs and
- Follows through on routine tasks and general office duties,
i.e., faxing, copying, filing, mailings, promptly returning phone
- Schedules patient visits or other diagnostic testing utilizing
hospital procedures and resources.
- Develops and maintains positive relationship with patients and
families via prompt and caring response to questions, requests,
- Manages third-party payors and collection of co-pays.
- Performs point-of-service activities visit preparation, co-pay
collection, patient tracking and other duties as assigned under the
direction of the Operations Manager/Supervisor.
- Participates in cross coverage efforts with other PSR.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Excel, Word or similar
software is required. Education and Experience
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Associate degree preferred.
- Certification: None.
- Years of relevant experience: 2 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None. Part Time FTE:
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Patient Service Rep ENT, Sales , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!