Director of Sales
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Illustrative duties may include, but are not restricted to, one or
more of the following:
- Provides regular reporting on monthly sales, sales forecasts
and target account lists.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of DRB Systems core products and
utilize this knowledge to successfully lead sales
- Works with the R&D and Marketing teams to help develop new
offerings for the target market.
- Hires, manages performance, and develops sales representatives
by reviewing individual and team action plans, conducting regular
"ride alongs", providing coaching and counseling, and ensuring that
reps meet activity standards for all aspects of the sales
- Facilitates regular team meetings.
- Establishes strategies to expand customer base in target
- Tracks sales against budget and maintain profit
- Establishes and maintains regular written and in-person
communications with the organization's executives, department heads
and end users regarding pertinent sales activities.
- Monitors customer preferences to determine focus of sales
- Willingness to travel (minimum of 8 days per month) and work
with small business entrepreneurs.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Project Management - Establishes and maintains processes and
systems for successful project execution.
- Communication - Present ideas and conveys information clearly
and effectively through both verbally and through formal / informal
documents. Communicates at an appropriate level for the needs of
the audience. Understands clearly and quickly when instructions or
orders are received.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional client
situations; Responds promptly to client needs; Solicits client
feedback to improve service; Meets commitments.
- Ethics and Values - Adheres to an appropriate and effective set
of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times. Acts in
line with those values. Rewards the right values and disapproves of
others. Practices what he/she preaches.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivates, develops, and
directs people as they work, identifies the best people for the
- Active Listening - Gives full attention to what other people are
saying, takes time to understand the points being made, asks
questions as appropriate, and does not interrupt at inappropriate
- Strategic Agility -Sees ahead clearly. Anticipates future
consequences and trends accurately. Has broad knowledge and
perspective. Is future oriented, articulately paints credible
pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods. Creates
competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
Manages at least four regional sales representatives.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Experience: 3-5 years experience in sales management role
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft operating systems.
Salesforce or similar CRM experience preferred.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid United States
Driver's license. Must have own personal credit card to use for
travel with a minimum of $2,000 credit
- Other Requirements: Excellent communication skills, both
written and verbal. Strong understanding of customer and market
dynamics and requirements. Willingness to travel (minimum of 8 days
per month) and work with small business entrepreneurs.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual must be
able to remain in a stationary position for 90 percent of the time.
The individual needs to occasionally move about inside the office.
They constantly operate a computer and other office productivity
machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and
computer printer. They must be able to exchange accurate
information with customers, employees while interacting.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 15 pounds,
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this Job, the individual is
occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic
chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low
to moderate. The individual frequently works in a controlled
climate. The individual is frequently required to travel by
automobile and occasionally required to travel by a commercial
Keywords: DRB, Akron , Director of Sales, Sales , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!