Company: Shin-Etsu Silicones of America
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Summary: The Purchasing Agent is responsible
for managing and administering SESAs vendor base and ensuring the
company is getting the best possible value when making purchases on
behalf of the company. Duties & Responsibilities: Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform these essential functions.
- Issue Purchase Orders as requested by approved requisitioners
and to support existing inventory models. Ensures POs are confirmed
and monitors for on time delivery.
- Reconcile receiving discrepancies and resolve in a timely
- Review inventory for slow movement, review lots for aging,
control of non-conforming stock and report results to
- Research competitive pricing for materials and purchase
materials. Negotiate prices for needed materials. Source new
products when needed. Make decisions in the best interest of the
- Monitor commodity markets.
- Assist in solving quality issues and other non-conformances
with vendors. Follows all established ISO procedures.
- Investigate and resolve invoicing discrepancies.
- Support continuous improvement and cost control by identifying
and implementing improved procedures and cost savings
- Identify and create optimal and beneficial purchasing
- Evaluate and negotiate contract terms and conditions.
- Serve as back-up for Inventory Analysts in the department. Must
be able to do their jobs in their absence.
- Ensure that production needs are met, consider optimum order
quantities and reasonable stocking levels. Verify warehouse
receives inventory accurately and timely into their database.
- Perform other duties as assigned by
supervisor.RequirementsEducation & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in supply chain, finance or other business
related field preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in Purchasing & Inventory or related
job functions preferred.
- Oracle experience is preferred.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge and understanding of commonly-used concepts,
practices, and procedures of purchasing, materials control, and
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Work effectively within a team environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and in groups and be
self-motivated in both settings.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Outside of
the box thinker. This includes being proactive in your approach to
all issues in order to identify or eliminate potential problem
- Ability to adapt to changing prioritiesBenefitsCompetitive
compensation based on experience. Outstanding comprehensive
benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, 401K with
matching contribution, paid holidays, paid vacation, PTO, long and
short term disability, tuition reimbursement program and
Keywords: Shin-Etsu Silicones of America, Akron , Purchasing Agent, Sales , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!