Facilities Maintenance Technician (Painting, Commercial Carpentry, Drywall and Finishing)
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 13, 2019
About UsAkron Children s Hospital is one of the largest independent
pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children
s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff
serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2
hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary
and specialty care.We are leading the way to healthier futures for
children and communities through expert medical care, research, and
prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of
Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train
new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and
pharmacists every year.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.Shift
Information: Day JobS,M,T,W 10 hour shifts
40 hours/week, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 5:30 a.m. - 4:00
p.m. Position Summary:The Facilities Maintenance Painter provides
our on-campus Facilities with aesthetic and safety maintenance on a
routine basis. The Facilities Maintenance Painter ensures that all
facilities are maintained in a safe and effective manner. Duties
- Adds value as a key member of the facilities maintenance team;
understands regulatory compliance, all forms of maintenance
strategies and the key components of excellent customer
- Works in constant coordination with then entire Facilities
Maintenance team as well as the Regional Facilities Maintenance
team (on and off-campus) to provide service to our customers at
both on and off-site locations.
- Completes and appropriately documents all work assigned to
Facilities Maintenance Painter crew.
- Provides continuous support to the Facilities Maintenance
Operations Manager, Safety Team and the Facilities Director.
- Provides backup coverage to other Facilities Maintenance
Painters as needed or required.
- Provides staff and management updates when needed.
- Communicates Engineering/Maintenance issues to both internal
and external hospital departments and contacts.
- Works in coordination with the Planning, Design and
Construction Staff and external contractors on an as-needed
- Participates in on-going training and education as required and
assigned by the Hospital/Department.
- Follows and enforces Joint Commission and CMS regulations.
- Available for emergency on-call maintenance when needed.
- Other duties as required.Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Commercial and/or Residential painting required.
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum of 2 years is
- Valid driver s license is required.Technical Expertise
- Experience in general commercial building painting/maintenance
- Carpentry, Finishing, Painting, Drywall, Signage(removal and
- Experience with commercial paint mixer.
- Must be able to mix and match paint consistently.
- Must be able to mix and blend various paints, enamels, lacquers
and stains or special coatings as needed.
- Experience with prepping for paint by washing, scraping,
sanding or other means necessary.
- Use of caulking equipment.
- Use of painting equipment.
- Patching using joint compounds, plaster, putties or
- Experience with wall covering materials.
- Removal of wallpaper or wall coverings. Installation of wall
paper or wall coverings.
- Install Acrovyn, corner guard s, wall protection as
- Cove base removal and installation.
- Install steel studs/backing as needed.
- Hang and finish drywall.
- Painting of drywall.
- Determines quantities of materials and orders supplies.
- Cleans equipment used, stores tools and equipment.
- Keeps work site and egress paths free of debris, carts and the
- Must be able evaluate emergency situations and determine a safe
and appropriate solution to issues as they arise.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is
- Experience with building codes, OSHA, NFPA, and life safety
regulations is preferred.
- Experience in The Joint Commission and CMS regulatory bodies is
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Strong communication, both verbal and written, is
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are
- Strong ability to work both independently and as a valued team
member is required. Works well with others.
- Ability to read blueprints is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) or
similar software is required. High level of proficiency with CMMS
(Computerized Maintenance Management System) required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Associated topics: coater, conformal coat, conformal coater, dirt,
grind, grit ballast, plater, repaint, rubber, spray
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Facilities Maintenance Technician (Painting, Commercial Carpentry, Drywall and Finishing), Professions , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!