Posted on: March 16, 2019
Production Planner - Akron, Ohio SUMMARY: Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture of industrial or commercial products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Draws up master schedule workflow for each production line according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Confers with production personnel, engineering, materials, product managers, and customer service to resolve problems affecting production schedules and status of assignments and projects.
- Acts as customer service point of contact for providing commit dates for production orders not captured by the system as a standard.
- Works with Marketing and Engineering as planning liaison.
- Confers with materials department to determine overdue materials and parts, and to inform production supervisor of material status Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepares production reports.
- Prepares lists of required materials, tools, and equipment.
- Reviews and expedites shortage reports daily. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES Requires knowledge typically acquired through:
- Completion of an Associates degree or vocational degree from a college or university,
- Two to six years of related experience or training; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, clients, and customers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. AirBorn, Inc. is an EOE/Disability/Veteran employer.
ITAR COMPLIANCE This position requires access to or use of information which is subject to the federal International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines "U.S. Person" as U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., person admitted as a refugee to the U.S., person granted asylum in the U.S., or person granted the status of alien lawfully admitted for temporary residence to the U.S. under 8 U.S.C. --1160(a) (for special agricultural workers) or 8 U.S.C. --1255(a)(1) (an amnesty program).
[Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability/Vet]
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below and select the Submit button.
Please read the following statements carefully:
- I understand that in accepting this application, AirBorn is in no way obligated to provide me with employment and that I am not obligated to accept employment if offered.
- I certify that all answers to questions in this application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any falsified statements on this application or omission of fact on either this application or during the pre-employment process may result in my application being rejected, or, if I am hired, in my employment being terminated. Furthermore, I voluntarily give the company permission to investigate all statements contained in this application. I further release from all liability or responsibility, persons or companies conducting or responding to such inquiries.
- If employed by AirBorn, Inc., I will comply with all rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the company. I understand that if hired, my employment will be "at will". I will remain free to resign my employment at any time. AirBorn may likewise terminate my employment at any time with or without cause or notice, unless there is a written contract to the contrary signed by an officer of the company and me.
- I understand that I may be required to work overtime which would include hours and days not regularly scheduled.
- I understand that signing a confidentiality and/or non-compete agreement may be a condition of employment.
- I also understand that any offer of employment is conditioned on the completion of pre-employment tests, background checks and verification of documentation. I will, upon request, sign all necessary consent forms. This company prepares affirmative action plans that cover females, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. This survey is meant to help the company fulfill various objectives of these affirmative action plans.
PLEASE NOTE : You are not required to complete any part of this form. The decision not to complete this form will not affect any opportunity for employment or any benefits with the company. Any information you provide in this survey will be kept confidential and will not be used in any way that may adversely affect your employment with this company.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION RELATED DATA (Please check appropriate boxes) IF you checked "Not Hispanic" above, please check one or more of the boxes below.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by checking the appropriate box. As a government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. 4212 (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA.
Protected Veteran Categories:
Disabled Veteran - A disabled veteran is one of the following: (a) a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs or (b) a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service connected disability.
Recently Separated Veteran - A recently separated veteran is a veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
Active Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veteran - An active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran is a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
Armed Forces Service Medal Veteran - An armed forces service medal veteran is a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985. Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.
How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Cerebral palsy
- Major depression
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
- Muscular dystrophy
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: AirBorn, Akron , Production Planner, Professions , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!