Pharmacy Technician Outpatient Pharmacy
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: January 25, 2023
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Part Time (24 hours per week) Primarily 8:30am to 5:00pm
The Outpatient Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacist with
filling and checking of prescription medications. The technician
enters, counts, pours, and labels prescriptions for patients.
- Obtains patient insurance, clinical history (weight,
allergies), and billing information and enters into the OP pharmacy
computer system. Processes insurance issues, cash deposits, and
other jobs as assigned.
- Fills prescriptions by typing the prescription into the OP
Pharmacy Computer System, obtains the correct medication, counts,
pours, and labels the prescription for the pharmacist to
- Alerts the pharmacist of any drug allergy, drug interactions or
insurance issue before processing prescription.
- Answers telephone and voice mails.
- Restocks prescription supplies including vials, bottles, and
labels. Rotates stock and ensures outdated medications are removed
- Reorders and receives prescription medication and supplies from
wholesale drug company and hospital storeroom. Restocks medication
and supplies on shelves.
- Packages, records, and mails prescriptions to patients after
checking by pharmacists.
- Functions as a cashier. Rings up OTC and prescription sales and
handles patient needs.
- Other duties as required. Technical Expertise
- Prior experience as an outpatient or inpatient pharmacy
technician is preferred. Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Certification: Registration as "Certified Pharmacy Technician",
a "Registered Ohio Pharmacy Technician" or "Pharmacy Technician
Trainee" required. National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB
or equivalent) required within 12 months of hire.
- Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred
- Years of experience supervising: none
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: ALLIED HEALTH PHARM
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Pharmacy Technician Outpatient Pharmacy, Professions , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!