Project Controls Specialist - Construction
Posted on: November 26, 2022
- The Staff Project Controls Specialist will be responsible for
leading the project controls processes with the internal project
management team to execute project deliverables within budget and
- Develop, implement, and maintain external and internal cost
reports, cash flows and forecasts.
- Responsible for schedule management, earned value management
and cost management.
- Responsible for engineering, procurement and construction
planning, scheduling, logistics and cost control.
- Analyze project controls reports, present findings and provide
recommendations to the project controls team.
- Ensure project set-up in Oracle Financial MIS/PPS Accounting
Module or Oracle Primavera Contracts Manager Program.
- Analyze data; review logs; and run reports in Oracle Primavera
Contracts Manager software and/or the Oracle Financials MIS/PPS
- Set up Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for tracking detailed
breakdown of purchase orders or subcontracts.
- Ensure budget tracking against Purchase Orders or
- Manage the internal Change Management System.
- Responsible for the review of upstream (prime contract) /
downstream (PO & subcontract) change orders.
- Report accurate updates to cost reports or forecasts.
- Develop and present a cash flow report.
- Develop Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 schedules.
- Create schedules and diagrams in Microsoft Visio.
- Set up Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in Oracle Primavera 6 or
Microsoft Project scheduling software.
- Ensure the entry of logic ties within the schedules.
- Create various schedule reports and determine appropriate
- Consult with project controls team on schedule progress.
- Responsible for monitoring resource loading of a schedule.
- Develop and present earned value tracking document.
- Analyze and report on data from Oracle Primavera P6.
- Develop pre-programmed project scheduling reports in P6 and
review and analyze back-up documentation for accuracy.
- Manage integrated data from one program to another.
- Responsible for ensuring quality checks and inspections on
project controls deliverables.
- Serves as a point of contact for technical questions from
APM's, PM's, Lead Engineers, or Construction staff.
- All other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or
related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the
- A minimum of 4 years of direct project controls
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and
analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Oracle Primavera P6.
- May be required to obtain an OSHA 10 hour safety
- Willingness to accept long term field assignments. About
Actalent: Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable
talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results
and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every
day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're
supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that
advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant
care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous
development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an
operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent
solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color,
religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Actalent, Akron , Project Controls Specialist - Construction, Professions , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!