Production Supervisor 3rd Shift
Company: Country Pure Foods
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Description: Supervises and coordinates shift
activities of production department(s) in the blending, processing,
and packaging of juice and water products by performing the
following duties personally or through subordinate
employees.Responsibility and Duties:
- Ensure that all employees adhere to all Safety & Quality rules
of the organization.
- Responsible for maximizing and increasing efficiencies for all
production lines, being aware of downtime and making decisions to
minimize downtime while ensuring we are producing a quality product
for our customers.
- Responsible for printing all production schedules, distributing
to appropriate operators, and picking up old production
- Responsible for ensuring the production floor is GMP compliant,
audit ready always, and ensure our HACCP plan is being followed at
- Engage with employees training, motivating and positively
enforcing Safety, GMP's, Quality Checks and increasing
- Coach, mentor and document employees to develop into assets for
Country Pure Foods and avoid reoccurrence of errors.
- Schedule and staff according to production needs.
- Hold employees accountable for highest standards consistently
while delegating and challenging subordinates.
- Promptly and thoroughly document employee discretions and
- Responsible for employee training on all aspects of their
- Ensure first case checks are being performed at the start of
the shift and for every order, assisting operators when
- Ensure all paperwork for all machines are checked for accuracy,
timeliness, neatness, and signed off.
- Assist with administering breaks for employees, operate
machines when operators call out, and assist with managing the
floor while operating a machine.
- Assists in shift transitions, start-ups, and shutdowns.
- Assists with ensuring production is running in accordance with
the production and blend schedules as determined by Scheduling
- Performs routine walks of the facility to monitor production
and assists operators in the resolution of any production
- Becomes familiar with and understands the sanitation procedures
and performs sanitation procedures as needed.
- Becomes familiar with and understands the Warehouse Management
System and assists with problem resolution as needed.
- Performs CIP and Production piping connections as needed.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and
- Makes timely decisions and communicates changes effectively to
all appropriate personnel and departments.
- Reviews production orders and schedules to ascertain product
data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and
scheduled delivery dates to plan department operations.
- Coordinates with Scheduling and Production Managers to assist
in the preparation of blending, production, and sanitation
schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure
production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews and signs-off on related HACCP documentation, and
alerts QA Manager and Production Manager of any discrepancies.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational
performance and optimum utilization.
- Participates in Shift Transition Meetings to facilitate solid
communication of pertinent information to on coming and off going
- Works to resolve worker grievances and alerts Production
Manager and Human Resources Manager as appropriate.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data and reports.
Reviews daily attendance reports and communicates changes and
necessary information to Payroll Department.
- Aware of efficiencies and juice loss and works steadily to meet
- Conducts end of shift meetings for summarization to management
to provide information to the floor and feedback to
- Responds promptly to customer needs and completes
administrative tasks correctly and on time.Supervisory
Responsibilities: Supervises approximately 20 hourly union
employees in the Production Department. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
applicable laws as a responsible and ethical agent of the company.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.Education and/or Experience:
Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school; or minimum of three (3) years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
experience.Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an
individual should have proficient typing and computer skills
including knowledge of Accounting software, Database software;
Internet software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software
(MS Excel), Word Processing software (MS Word) and Email software
(Microsoft365).The individual should also have knowledge of and be
competent in the use of Warehouse Management System software and
hardware including hand held scanning devices.Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.Who is Country Pure Foods?
Country Pure Foods is a premier manufacturer of beverages including
100% juices, juice drink, lemonades, and plant-based beverages.
From the most advanced equipment to the freshest, most delicious
ingredients, we take pride in every beverage pack. Country Pure
Foods goes above and beyond the standard food safety practices by
participating in the highest level of Safe Quality Food (SQF)
certification. The SQF certification program is a rigorous series
of standards and best practices recognized by The Global Food
Safety Initiative to ensure companies deliver both safe and quality
products.Why Work at Country Pure Foods? Country Pure Foods offers
a competitive benefits package for all full-time employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Sign on Bonuses Available
- Optional Health, Dental and Vision Insurance for Employees and
- Company Paid Short and Long-term Disability
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Generous PTO Policy
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Country Pure Foods, Akron , Production Supervisor 3rd Shift, Professions , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!