Company: Emerald Resource Group
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionBuyer AnalystContract to HireHudson, OHMy local
client is looking for a Buyer Analyst to join their remote team!As
the Buyer Analyst, you will get to interact with suppliers to
schedule on-time delivery of products to meet customer requirements
while maximizing revenues. This role involves interpreting material
system messages as applicable. The Buyer Analyst will get to
participate in supplier meetings, which may include on-site
visitations, to assist in data collection on supplier activity.
This may show deficiencies or goal attainment to be reviewed at
supplier meetings. In the case of any delivery problems, you will
initiate conference call with suppliers and commodity managers to
address any problems. The Buyer Analyst will also get to
participate on product transition teams and take lead buyer role on
various projects.Requirements of the Buyer Analyst:
- Bachelor Degree
- 3+ years experience
- If no degree, minimum of 5 years experience in a
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably Oracle
- Proficient with Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word
- Familiar with a variety of purchasing concepts, practices and
techniques: lean manufacturing, vendor managed inventory, purchase
- Must possess ability to interface well with management and
associates to support a team environment.Why YOU should apply:
- Informative training period
- Supportive environment that encourages you to grow
- Ability to move up in the company
- This company will invest in YOU
- Amazing workplace culture
- Great work life balance
- Very rewarding for self-motivated employeesEssential Functions
of the Buyer Analyst:
- Analyze reports to determine material required, launch purchase
order and follow up with suppliers to confirm delivery dates.
- Review change report and co-ordinate reschedules,
cancellations, quantity changes and ship to changes for each
- Run past due reports, take appropriate follow up action and
ensure system is updated with relevant information. Also, review
open purchase order report to look ahead and ensure tracking
information and confirmed deliveries are updated in the appropriate
- Work with customer relations, order management and planning
teams to expedite parts as required.
- Work with the warehouses to close orders, take corrective
action with suppliers and ensure closure with accounts payable.
Update access database developed for receiving and accounts payable
- Ensure system accuracy of purchase price, standard cost,
warehouse, order multiples, lead-times, safety stocks, planning
information and supplier contact information.
- Report critical shortages to Global Materials and participate
on weekly calls.
- Update purchase orders with any air freight requirements,
charges and approvals. Also update the access database to ensure
payment for expedited services.
- Work with suppliers for awareness of large sales opportunities
and ensure appropriate documentation is provided for warehouse and
- Participate in Supplier meetings and conference calls.
- Support return goods and discrepancy review processes as
- Provide training for new associates.
- Assist in documenting work instructions and testing for new
- Resolve Accounts Payable discrepancies.
- Develop and document standard operating procedures.
- Establish/maintain safety stock and min-max levels for
purchased parts.For more information, send your resume to and
Keywords: Emerald Resource Group, Akron , Buyer Analyst, Professions , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!