Transportation - Highway Engineer
Company: Osborn Engineering
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Overview of PositionOsborn Engineering is seeking highly skilled
Roadway/Highway Engineers with 10-20 years of experience on
ODOT-type design projects for our Cleveland, Akron and Columbus,
Ohio office locations. This position will report to the Manager of
Transportation Engineering and will work closely with the Director
of Municipal and Transportation Engineering and our Transportation
Project Managers and engineering staff to ensure client's needs and
expectations are met and exceeded in a timely fashion.Founded in
1892 with a specialization in roads and bridges, Osborn is one of
the oldest and most respected engineering firms in the country.
Today, Osborn is a fully integrated multi-disciplined design firm
that uses a specialized team approach to engineering projects.
These teams are comprised of a staff of more than 235 professionals
that provide designs for all phases of a wide range of projects.
Osborn has specialists in civil, structural, transportation,
mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection and life safety,
building technology, and commissioning. Our Infrastructure Group
plays an instrumental role in the design of numerous signature
projects in Northeast Ohio. As an employee-owned firm, each of
Osborn employee is committed to ensuring that projects are
completed with a sense of pride. This is an opportunity to join an
organization comprised of a team of professionals that have
dedicated their careers to the success of the firm' legacy.
Osborn's strength lies with its people.Position
- Active team member performing roadway designs for various types
of roadway/highway improvement projects throughout the State of
- Perform all aspects of roadway/highway design, including
horizontal and vertical alignments, drainage design, maintenance of
traffic, typical sections, cross sections, and pavement marking and
signing for local roads, highways and interstates.
- Perform critical thinking in development, evaluation,
selection, and modification of standards engineering techniques and
- Oversee entry-level engineer design activities.
- Will have client and sub-consultant contact regarding current
- May require periodic field construction observation and
responding to Request for Information during construction phase.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in Transportation project
- PE License in the State of Ohio.
- ODOT Prequalification's preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive attitude. The successful candidate should be
self-directed yet a team player, and have a focus on quality,
integrity, and success.
- Experience/knowledge of AASHTO and ODOT Design Criteria.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with OpenRoads Designer, Microstation, Geopak, and
- Continuous education and training on the job is required.
Additional InformationOsborn is looking for a candidate who has the
- Team Player
- Self - Starter
- Positive Attitude
- Strong Work Ethic
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
- Good Communicator We can offer you a challenging career with
one of Northeast Ohio's best-known and most diverse consultants.
Attractive profit sharing and stock ownership programs supplement
our competitive salary and benefits package.All job offers will be
contingent on passing a background check. Drug testing may be
required for certain clients. Osborn will only be contacting
qualified applicants.EEO NOTE TO RECRUITERS: Osborn Engineering
does not currently accept unsolicited resumes through or from
search firms or recruiters. If you wish to be considered in the
future for our list of approved recruiters, please send an e-mail
to . All resumes sent directly to management will not be
Keywords: Osborn Engineering, Akron , Transportation - Highway Engineer, Professions , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!