Inside Service Technician - Akron, OH
Company: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company
Posted on: August 4, 2022
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! - APPLY TODAY!!!
We are a service and retreading market leader with over 200
Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across the
United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest
nationwide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown
service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is
'SERVICE EXCELLENCE - ALWAYS'. Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service
Centers (CTSC) are owned by Goodyear - which makes them uniquely
qualified to offer you trusted tires, reliable services and
powerful management tools to help you lower your operating costs.
It's all part of Goodyear's Total Solution for commercial and
As an Inside Service Technician, you will work at a Goodyear
Commercial Tire & Service Center location and be accountable for
properly and safely performing the tire and related services needed
for all commercial tire users both in the commercial trucking
industry. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as
you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Service Commercial Tires including dismounting and mounting any
type of tire.
- Train to perform match mounting, match mating dual assemblies,
and radial runout as necessary.
- Inflating oftires to prescribed PSI per load requirements.
- Determine repairable tire conditions and making such
- Remove tires for retreading or repair as needed.
- Properly execute required service ticket to submit to
- Clean and maintain service equipment.
- Provide "Service Excellence - Always" to meet the service goals
of the location and of customers
- Comply with OSHA regulations and safety requirements.
- Wear proper PPE, use tire cages, and follow all other safety
policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time,
which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial
tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
- No relocation is being offered for this position.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3 months previous Commercial Service Tire or other relevant
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Strong oral and written communication ability.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced
environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and
willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to
attend appropriate training sessions.
Keywords: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company, Akron , Inside Service Technician - Akron, OH, Professions , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!