Risk Management Analyst
Company: Energy Harbor, LLC
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionEnergy Harbor at a Glance Energy Harbor is a
financially secure independent power producer and fully integrated
retail energy provider focused on safe and best-in-class operations
and financial performance. With its fleet of reliable generating
resources, including substantial carbon-free generation, Energy
Harbor is well positioned for long-term value creation and
competitiveness in a low-carbon future and is focused on enabling a
growing customer and stakeholder base to meet their environmental,
social and sustainability goals.Position Summary The Risk
Management Analyst will contribute to the operational success of
the Company by quantifying, monitoring, and reporting various risk
metrics, with a focus on Credit metrics. The Analyst is accountable
for major Credit Risk and Enterprise Risk Management reporting and
analysis functions to assist the Company in managing its inherent
risks appropriately, amongst other efforts to support the Risk
Management Department functions. Responsibilities
- Calculate and/or validate daily collateral calls with external
parties in a timely manner and in accordance with established
contractual requirements; collaborate with Treasury to ensure
posting and return of funds and/or letters of credit.
- Perform interest calculations and ensure communication to
counterparties and ensure funds flow
- Prepare daily and monthly collateral reports and
- Build / validate models to quantify collateral requirements and
perform sensitivity analyses
- Assist in design and implementation of systems and enhancements
to support credit risk, collateral, commodity settlements, and
- Maintain reporting for credit rating impacts to Energy
- Monitor and report RTO/ISO Member default.
- Execute, monitor, and report parent guarantees; conduct
quarterly review of PG levels and appropriateness of them.
- Perform monthly vendor watchlist reporting to support the
Nuclear, Fossil, POLR and Commercial teams.
- Perform credit due diligence/assessment on retail customers
including financial statement analysis, industry analysis, scoring
and rating research, etc.
- Make retail credit recommendations within a prescribed
authority level and summarize credit data for submission to
management for approval
- Develop and maintain processes, procedures, systems and
reporting to support the credit function.
- Drive continual improvements in risk analysis, reporting and
- Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management, Finance, Accounting,
Economics, or a related field; MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant financial experience.
- Energy industry and particularly retail energy experience is
- Excellent Excel skills and modeling required. Experience with
data visualization tools and R coding software is a plus.
- Experience with CRM systems and with ETRM systems (e.g.
TRMTracker, Aligne, Allegro) preferred.
- Understanding of credit scoring tools including CapIQ, Experian
and DNBi preferred.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to handle multiple
tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, presentation
skills, and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to keep projects and deliverables to predetermined
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability
to interact with internal and external stakeholders and customers
at all levels.
- Proven ability to deliver quality work within established
deadlines.Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity At Energy
Harbor, employees are key to our success. We depend on their
talents to meet the challenges of our changing business
environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team
efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes
competitive pay plus incentive compensation, 401(k) savings plan
with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical,
prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as
well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement.
Please visit our website at www.energyharbor.com to learn more
about all of our employee rewards programs. Energy Harbor proudly
supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified
individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a
previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B
visas at this time. Safety Safety is a core value for Energy Harbor
and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure
employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform
their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their
co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide
a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free
workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these
goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety
Keywords: Energy Harbor, LLC, Akron , Risk Management Analyst, Professions , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!