Senior Risk and Compliance Analyst
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Governance, Risk & Compliance Sr. Analyst
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a
community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and
courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to
learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's
Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious
and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
This role supports the programs of ITS (Information Technology
Services) Cyber Security, Risk & Compliance (CSRC) which includes,
risk management, compliance management, third party risk
assessments, and security awareness. This position is specifically
responsible for understanding and assessing security,
confidentiality/privacy, and operational risks related to solutions
of third party providers. Assessments and controls include those
relevant to laws, regulations, and industry security standards.
Security awareness and training activities will also be a component
of this position.
- Conduct information security assessments of third party vendors
to determine their ability to protect confidential data.
- Enhance risk/vulnerability assessment programs and
questionnaires to aid in the identification and mitigation of
- Identify and document information security vulnerabilities and
risks in the information technology environment.
- Evaluate identified vulnerabilities and risks, working with
business owners, risk management, and vendor representatives
- Identify tasks necessary to remediate identified vendor risks
and vulnerabilities; negotiate dates for remediation to be
- Track progress on remediation of identified risks and
vulnerabilities and provide appropriate reporting to
- Monitor appropriate sources for newly identified
vulnerabilities, evaluate the risk such vulnerabilities pose to the
organization's information and systems, and advise management of
appropriate measures to eliminate or reduce the organization's risk
or exposure to such vulnerabilities.
- Monitor appropriate industry sources to maintain awareness of
new security tools and techniques and research those tools and
techniques that have the potential to improve the organization's
ability to protect its information and infrastructure.
- Assist in the development of appropriate information security
policies, standards, procedures, checklists, and guidelines using
generally-recognized security concepts tailored to meet the
requirements of the organization.
- Maintain expertise in identifying security risks in the
hardware, software, and systems used by the organization.
- Participate in appropriate opportunities for continuing
education, seminars, participation in field-related professional
organizations, and so on to remain current on developments in the
information security profession.
- Ensure that identified risks are managed in accordance with the
Risk Management program.
- Participate in security awareness activities to include
developing awareness messaging, coordinating awareness events and
attending awareness meetings.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's
success, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected
organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and
go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and
lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of
delivering with excellence.
The -3,000 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Cyber Security
- Technology Support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Relationship Management
- Strategy & Communications
- Project Management
Cyber Security vigilantly protects Deloitte and client data. The
team leads a strategic cyber risk program that adapts to a rapidly
changing threat landscape, changes in business strategies, risks,
and vulnerabilities. Using situational awareness, threat
intelligence, and building a security culture across the
organization, the team helps to protect the Deloitte brand.
Areas of focus include:
- Risk & Compliance
- Identity & Access Management
- Data Protection
- Cyber Design
- Incident Response
- Security Architecture
- Business Partnership
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Information
Protection, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science,
Information Systems Management, Business Administration, or
- Minimum 3 years of information security experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience with information technology
audits and assessments with a focus on third party risk
- Minimum 3 years of experience with information security
technology programs, audits, assessments, risk, or remediation
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Familiarity with privacy laws, data protection/security
regulations, and frameworks, such as BITS, COBIT, and ISO27002
- Experience with the RSA Archer Vendor Management platform
- Consulting skills (client service orientation, conflict
resolution, analysis/synthesis of information, negotiation, project
- Negotiation skills needed to obtain commitments to remediate
risks and vulnerabilities from leadership of Deloitte and
- Excellent communication, listening and facilitation skills
- Excellent time management and related organizational skills,
including appropriate sense of urgency, a proactive approach, and a
suitable ability to anticipate and manage project lifecycle events,
issues and obstacles
- Able to represent Information Technology Services Cyber
Security Team in information technology assessments and/or audits
of IT systems, processes, and general IT controls. Interpret
results, develop and communicate recommendations to
- Able to identify and document specific security issues, propose
resolution options, and interpret matters from the perspective of
- Current Industry certification (e.g., CISA, CISSP, CRISC,
- Experience with RSA Archer Vendor Management module
- Familiarity with privacy laws, data protection/security
regulations, and frameworks, such as BITS, SOC 2, COBIT, ISO27001
and ISO 27002
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte
is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the
compensation range for this role. This compensation range is
specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide
range of factors that are considered in making compensation
decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and
training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We
would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would
land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will
be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A
reasonable estimate of the range is $78925 to $131545.
Keywords: Deloitte, Akron , Senior Risk and Compliance Analyst, Professions , Hermitage, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!