Welder - Third Shift
Company: Stanley Black & Decker
Posted on: November 11, 2019
For the builders and protectors, for the makers and explorers, for
those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and
inspiration, Stanley Black & Decker provides the tools and
innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done and we have
since 1843. Our commitment to quality, safety and sustainability
keeps us focused on our path to becoming the type of uniquely
human-centered global industrial company that keeps every
stakeholder in mind, while being For Those Who Make The World.
STANLEY Infrastructure, a division of Stanley Black & Decker, is a
global manufacturer of hydraulic tools and attachments with world
class brands such as STANLEY, Paladin, LaBounty and Pengo. STANLEY
Infrastructure has rich history focusing on bringing innovative
solutions to market and is recognized around the world for the
strength of its people, products and brands.
STANLEY Infrastructure is a growth platform with plans to double it
s revenue over the next few years through organic growth and strong
corporate M&A commitment.
Welds metal components together to fabricate (may repair products)
according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders, using welding
The successful candidate who performs well in this role will have
growth opportunities available within the business. Learn more
about the Stanley Infrastructure business at
www.stanleyinfrastructure.com and learn more about Stanley Black &
Decker at www.stanleyblackanddecker.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Removes rough spots from castings, using portable powered grinder
and hand file, to finish welded parts
* Positions components of fabricated metal products preparatory to
* Verities positions of metal components in assembly, using
straightedge, combination square, calipers, and rule.
* Lifts and positions components on assembly table, using electric
crane, jacks and shims.
* Repairs broken or cracked parts, fill holes.
* Welds various metal parts together
* Operations various equipment necessary to fabricate a metal part
* Moves assembly to storage area, using electric crane.
* Receives instructions, prints and work orders for the job. Plans
details of working procedure and tools and material
* Fabricates equipment by cutting, burning and welding various
metals. Repairs equipment by using welding techniques and
appropriate welding equipment.
* Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded. Sets up, assembles,
and tacks weld parts.
* Builds up worn or defective surfaces.
* Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
* Any other duties or task as may be deemed necessary by the Plant
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Frequent lifting, bending, stooping,
squatting, pushing and pulling can be expected. Long periods of
sitting and walking may also be expected in this position. This
position also will require the employee to be elevated on a scissor
lift for welding purposes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* High School Diploma or GED.
* 3 yrs experience in welding position in a manufacturing
environment is preferred
* Work involves high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is
* Courage & Innovation Bravely innovate without boundaries.
Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital
solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth.
* Agility & Performance Simplify to accelerate business results.
Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things
and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
* Inclusivity & Collaboration Respect and leverage all aspects of
diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view.
Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive
* Integrity & Accountability Operate with highest ethical
standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with
transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own
Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary
and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental,
life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more!
Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US
will be considered for the opportunity. Stanley Black & Decker is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, Akron , Welder - Third Shift, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!