Security Officer Public Safety- Part Time, Afternoon
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 9, 2019
About UsAkron Children s Hospital is one of the largest independent
pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children
s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff
serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2
hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary
and specialty care.We are leading the way to healthier futures for
children and communities through expert medical care, research, and
prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of
Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train
new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and
pharmacists every year.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.Shift
Information: Evening Job16 hr/wk, 4PM-12AM
This new position will be to staff the Metal Detectors.
Position Summary:Patrols assigned areas of Hospital campus in order
to maintain an orderly and safe environment for patients, visitors
and staff. Enforces Hospital policies and procedures, and
applicable local and state laws. Upholds the mission, vision,
values and customer service standards of Children s Hospital
Medical Center of Akron (CHMCA). Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patrol the campus and the surrounding areas being highly
visible and alert for safety and security hazards and suspicious
activities, working independently with minimal to no supervision.
Secures buildings, offices, classrooms and other areas.
- Respond to alarms and all calls requesting Department of Public
- Knowledge of Department Policies and Procedures with
flexibility to modify under certain circumstances for optimal
- Contain and control crowds in order to preserve peace,
providing a safe environment during large events.
- Enforce all parking rules and regulations, assist motorists
with vehicle problems, and provide escorts to patients, visitors,
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, and effectively
via two way radio, computer, email, telephone, and verbal
- Ability to effectively interact with populations of
patients/customers with an understanding of their needs for
self-respect and dignity utilizing de-escalation and other
- Ability to use a Record Management System to document incident
reports in a complete, concise, and proper manner.
- Provide appropriate medical assistance to the sick and injured
by providing first aid and/or alerting medical staff.
- Complete and successfully pass Field Training with a Field
Training Officer (FTO).
- Responds to critical incidents.
- Assists Police Officers in the arrest and detention of a
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned or
directed by Supervision or Command Staff.Education and
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of hire.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associates Degree in related field preferred.
- Possesses a valid Ohio driver s license (and ability to obtain
and maintain eligibility of insurability as determined by the CHMCA
insurance carrier s requirements to operate CHMCA vehicles) and
reliable transportation to report to alternate sites.
- Successful completion of the OPOTA Private Security Academy and
OPOTA 20 hour firearms certification or OPOTA Basic Police
- Required to achieve and maintain department s qualifying
firearms standards for duration of employment.
- Successfully complete thorough background investigation.
- Demonstrate psychological fitness commensurate with the role of
an armed officer, evaluated by a Psychologist designated by the
Department of Public Safety Director and Chief.Working
- Extensive walking, running, bending, standing for extended
periods of time
- Stretching, sitting climbing stairs.
- Possible exposures to hazardous materials, bodily fluids and
- Exposure to loud sounds such as fire/burglar alarms, etc.
- Exposure to inclement weather.
- Must maintain adequate physical fitness level to perform
essential physical aspects of the job effectively with minimized
risk to self and others
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Associated topics: countermeasure, protection, public safety
officer, safety officer, safety report, school, secure, security,
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Security Officer Public Safety- Part Time, Afternoon, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!