Sr Benefits Specialist
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: May 25, 2023
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
thrive.Monday-Friday, day hours, could be required to come onsite
2x week per business needs. Summary:The Senior Benefits Specialist
is responsible for the daily administration of the individual
discipline, including areas of health & welfare programs, and/or
leaves of absence. Responsibilities:
- Administers disability and leave of absence programs - short
term disability, long term disability, workers' compensation, FMLA
and all other types of leaves - including the payments related to
- Reviews vendor disability reporting, ensuring appropriate
approvals are sent to Payroll for processing timely and accurate
disability payments in accordance with pay periods.
- Administers health and welfare benefits and other programs as
- Seeks opportunities for continuous improvement, building
efficiencies and enhancing the overall employee benefits
- Assists Akron Children's team members with benefits-related
inquiries, including education on benefits programs.
- Works directly with benefit partners to resolve concerns,
ensure excellent service is provided and to update or enhance
programs, as needed.
- Coordinates with Employee Health, and other internal partners
as needed, to resolve benefits-related matters and to support
- Participates in planning for and executing annual open
enrollment activities, new hire enrollments and qualified status
- Prepares and delivers presentations related to new hire
benefits onboarding and other benefits programs as needed.
- Ensures the integrity of benefits data for accurate and timely
- Updates policies and Summary Plan Descriptions to ensure
benefits programs are administered in compliance with plan
- Recommends and develops benefits communications. Assists with
internal and external audits of benefit plans, ensuring legal and
operational benefit plan compliance with all applicable federal and
state laws, regulatory agencies and other governing bodies.
- Assists with the creation, review, and execution of benefits
contracts, business associate agreements, and other agreements to
ensure legal compliance and minimization of legal and financial
risk to the hospital. Other information:Technical Expertise
- Experience in administering employee benefit programs including
disability and leave is required.
- Experience in employee benefit plan compliance is
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or
related field is required.
- Certification: Certified Employee Benefits Specialist [CEBS] is
- Years of experience: 5 to 7 years is required.
- Years of experience supervising: None. Full Time FTE:
1.000000Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer
of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more: Position: HR
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Sr Benefits Specialist, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...