Alarm System Specialist - Programming
Company: Securitas Electronic Security
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Are you interested in furthering your career with an industry
leader that continues to experience tremendous market growth? Join
our team at SES! We are one of the largest security providers in
the world featuring best-in-class products and award-winning
services, customized to meet the specific needs of our clients.
Utilize multiple software systems to define, program, and process
new alarm installations. Provide technical support to field
technicians and customers by troubleshooting programming problems
and interpreting incoming data. Must be able to prioritize and
- Assist field technicians with the installation of alarm
equipment through programming multiple types of alarm panels.
- Perform system tests with technicians and customers.
- Verify alarm program information to ensure proper responses,
essential alarm functions, and correct customer options.
- Test equipment with customer or Securitas field associates for
verification of proper operation of alarm equipment
- Utilize several software programs to upload and download
essential data to alarm program boards.
- Edit and maintain video router information.
- Receive and enter zone descriptions, instructions and responses
into MAS once individual zones have been tested from the install
- Answer incoming calls from customers to activate Pending
Install accounts and verify procedures and dispatch
- Process and maintain cellular account information by placing
service calls to technicians to check the cell backup unit for
- Follow up on pending installation accounts over one year old by
verifying with sales representatives, customers, field technicians,
- Process Remote Programming change requests by downloading to
alarm panels. Includes pin number changes, user updates. Inform
customers of prices for customer options such as remote
- Remote arm and disarm customer panels.
- Troubleshoot alarm program problems, for field technicians and
customers, such as test timer reporting, open and close reports,
all zone reporting functions.
- Assist customer with arming, disarming, and pin number changes
over the phone.
- Handle confidential customer paperwork & emails.
- Process and enter contracts into MAS after C.A.R.E team leaves,
by verifying prices and assigning account numbers.
- Move files electronically to the new file retention system
- Respond to incoming alarms on multiple systems by accurately
documenting each action taken for historical records. Dispatch
police, fire or guard service for alarm signals as necessary.
Notify customer of alarm problems.
- Perform all database functions after hours, as it becomes
- Take care of additional projects and functions, as they arise,
in EMC. Monitor multiple internal electronic systems for proper
operation to assure customers of continuous response to alarm
- Monitor and protect integrity of UL & ULC requirements for
- Process customer correspondences, account files, and authorized
personnel records for each monitored location.
- File paper records of alarm activity, electronically and
customer change requests forms as required for proper documentation
for UL & ULC certificate.
- Participate in associate team meetings, providing feedback to
the appropriate management staff.
- Portray a positive, professional attitude at all times, also
providing positive encouragement to all associates resulting in
- Perform other function as required for successful operation of
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Skilled in process documentation, project tracking, and
- Knowledge of MAS, MASVideo, Bosch RPS, Honeywell COMPASS, DMP
Remotelink, Pacom GMS, GE Enterprise, GE DL900, DSL, LFAS,
- Exceptional customer communication skills
We are a nationwide provider of security solutions and an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Our core
values of Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness are proudly
demonstrated daily by our employees to our customers and the
communities we service.
Keywords: Securitas Electronic Security, Akron , Alarm System Specialist - Programming, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...