Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: January 27, 2023
About Akron Children's Hospital Akron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at akronchildrens.org. OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason Prior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement. We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
thrive. *The ASCEND Program is for BSN students that have completed
their junior year and entering senior year. Please upload the
following documents when completing the application...
- Personal Information Application (3 pages)
- Personal Statement (2 pages)
- Reference Letters (2 letters)
- Transcript (One unofficial copy of grade transcript from
accredited BSN program) Summary:
The Nurse Technician I assists in patient/family education and in
the delivery of individual care for a group of patients under the
supervision of a licensed nurse. Responsibilities:
1. Assists in delivering individual care for a group of patients
under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
2. Assists in patient/family education capabilities and under the
direction of a licensed nurse.
3. Contributes to the assessment of individual patient care.
4. Contributes to the delivery of patient care.
5. Participates in the educational efforts of the department and
the nursing unit.
6. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs of
the patients served regardless of age and developmental status.
7. Other duties as required. Other information:
- N/A Education and Experience
- Education: Must currently be enrolled in a baccalaureate
accredited registered nursing program as a junior or senior or
enrolled in the second year of an accredited associate degree in
- Certification: Current Health Care Provider BLS training from
the American Heart Association is required.
- Years of relevant experience: None required; some healthcare
experience is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None On Call FTE: 0.001000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: GEN NURSING
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , ASCEND Internship, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!