Field Producer, Midwest
Company: ABC News
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Midwest Field Producer must be a creative storyteller, with
the demonstrated ability to cover breaking and ongoing news with
correspondents and other production staff.
Responsibilities include pitching, developing, and producing
stories for all broadcast and digital platforms, with a focus on
distinctive and creative visual storytelling.
Candidates should have at least five years of experience in network
News. Candidates must be editorially strong, resourceful in the
field, skilled in the latest news gathering technologies, and have
extensive reporting and producing experience.
Candidates will be expected to travel on short notice for extended
periods and work a variety of shifts. This role will be based in
- Generating, pitching, and executing creative enterprise and day
of news story ideas for television and digital.
- Collaborate with editors, photojournalists, guest bookers, and
show and segment producers to create compelling packages for the
- Produce live segments, both in the field or in the studio or
from remote network locations.
- Oversee and manage production of reporter packages from concept
to delivery, including idea generation, story research, news
gathering, writing and postproduction.
- Writing, vetting, carrying scripts through to approval, with
varying degrees of reporter involvement.
- Writing accompanying stories for digital.
- Leveraging skills in field producing, interviewing in person
and remotely, creating and signing off on graphics as research and
other postproduction elements. Basic Qualifications:
- Experience producing live segments, both in the field or in the
studio or from remote network locations
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Position requires outstanding news judgment, critical and
strategic thinking, organization skills, and an ability to be
persistent yet diplomatic, as well as commitment to accuracy and
integrity in news coverage
- Strong knowledge of newsgathering, including multiple
transmission formats and social media.
- Continuously develop and maintain sources that result in
original reporting and sourcing
- Must have flexibility and ability to work long and varied
schedules and travel when needed Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum five years' experience in a major television news
organization. Required Education:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or equivalent
years of experience. The hiring range for this remote position is $
90,000 to $120,000 per year, which factors in various geographic
regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account
internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's
geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience
among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may
be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the
full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent
on the level and position offered.
Keywords: ABC News, Akron , Field Producer, Midwest, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!