Cross Coverage Representative- Hybrid
Posted on: January 23, 2023
TeamHealth has ranked three years running as "The World's Most
Admired Companies" by Fortune Magazine and one of America's 100
Most Trustworthy Companies by Forbes Magazine in past years.
TeamHealth, an established healthcare organization is physician-led
and patient-focused. We continue to grow across the U.S. from our
Clinicians to our Corporate Employees and we want you to join
- Career Path Opportunities
- Benefit Eligibility (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life) the first of
the month following 30 days of employment
- 401K program (Discretionary matching funds available)This is a
Hybrid opportunity. The team member will work 3 days from the
office and 2 days from home! JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW: The Cross
Coverage Float is a position developed to support multiple skill
level departments within the Billing Center. As such, the position
requires someone who has a variety of physician billing skills
including but not necessarily limited to Patient Registration and
Charge Entry, Patient Accounts, Denials and Appeals, Patient
Services, Over Provisions, Eligibility, and/or A/R Management. The
individual needs to be able to perform multiple tasks in IDX,
including invoice creation, patient registration, posting payments
and rejections from all insurance carriers and patients,
researching cancelled checks, filing secondary insurance, posting
vouchers, researching accounts, authorizing refunds as appropriate,
and communicating issues regarding accounts transferred to
collection agencies, as well as handling some customer service
calls, and processing daily mail. The position will be required to
report to department management as assigned and will be housed
within the parameters of front/back end delineations to fill in
primarily (but not exclusively) for those departments. When
assigned to a department, the individual reports to and takes
direction from the Supervisor/Manager of that area. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enters and/or updates patient demographics, and insurance
information in the IDX system.
- Identifies patient's insurance and assigns, in priority order,
the appropriate Financial Status Classification (FSC); inputs with
knowledge data into the Insurance Management System.
- Enters the ICD-9 and CPT-4 codes, rendering provider,
referring, and assisting provider as designated by the Medical
- Understands the concept of Batch Entry and is able to create
batch and balance batch, if necessary.
- Meets quality and productivity standards for assigned
- Posts payments and adjustments from commercial carriers,
Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Shield, and remittance advices.
- Researches cancelled checks to determine if a check has been
endorsed and cashed but not posted to the patient's account.
- Communicates with insurance companies via phone or mail.
- Files secondary insurance as indicated.
- Handles customer service calls that are transferred from
- Processes daily mail per assigned group or as requested by
senior or supervisor.
- Posts voucher rejections from commercial carriers, Medicaid,
Medicare, and Blue Shield.
- Researches accounts when payment is inconsistent with the
standard payment, or when clarification of payment is needed.
- Able to work Accounts Receivable as assigned, makes telephone
inquiry to insurance company, researches status of claims and takes
- Processes adjustments and maintains all accounts on an active
- Prepares processing of patient refunds.
- Inputs all zero payment vouchers and insurance rejections from
all payer sources in a timely manner.
- Complies with mandatory overtime requirements at the direction
of assigned supervisor.
- Understands IDX rejection systems; able to process rejections
and work denials and appeals.
- Process Level A Refunds
- Review and process Eligibility Reports & GERD Files
- As a multi-task position, the individual performs other duties
as assigned including projects, clerical tasks. The position could
be assigned to work any representative position in the Billing
Center with the exception of Medical Coder. QUALIFICATIONS /
- 45 WPM.
- Accurate 10-keystrokes, by touch.
- Detail-oriented able to work independently or as part of a
- Effective telephone communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Able to work in fast paced environment.
- Good follow-up skills.
- Possess the ability to work within a timeframe to post
insurance reimbursement, and zero payment correspondences.
- Previous knowledge of third party payer reimbursement,
- Knowledge of IDX-BAR system, preferred.
- Minimum high school diploma, or equivalent. Additional training
in medical billing and cash applications.
- Three years medical billing experience with Registration and
Charge Entry, as well as Patient Accounts. A/R is preferred.
- Training classes and seminar attendance may require local
- Overtime may be required and can be mandated by
Keywords: TeamHealth, Akron , Cross Coverage Representative- Hybrid, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!