Company: YRC Freight
Posted on: January 21, 2023
JOB SUMMARYWill supervise, train and develop assigned staff
creating a team working environment. Ensure compliance with company
and government required policies and procedures. Work with the shop
team to meet safety goals. Coordinate the inspection, maintenance
and repair of linehaul equipment and/or supervise the rebuild of
components and equipment repair. Ensure that repairs are timely for
meeting system demands and for providing safe, reliable and driver
acceptable equipment.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the efficient movement of inbound tractors, trailers and
converters through the service lanes.
- Maintain required maintenance documentation.
- Coordinate maintenance on all equipment. Coordinate a cost
effective preventative maintenance program providing for safe,
clean, driver acceptable equipment.
- Supervise the repair of equipment ensuring timeliness in
meeting system demands.
- Maintain inventory control on all repair parts and tools.
Review repair orders for accurate listing and extension of repair
parts, maintaining proper accountability of chargeable repair
- Communicate, monitor and maintain compliance with company
safety and work rules, policies, and procedures. Train and develop
assigned staff for providing timely and quality repair.
- Ensure the shop safety process is followed. Effectively
communicate safety topics and perform safety inspection of tools
and facilities as required.
- Manage area vendors for control to ensure plan containment and
schedule of repairs.COMPETENCIES
- Coaching and Developing Others - Providing feedback,
instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their
current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the
development of individual skills and abilities.
- Compelling Communication - Clearly and succinctly conveying
information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicating in a
focused and compelling way that captures and holds others
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding problems and
opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting
quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course
of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and
evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action
that is consistent with available facts and constraints and
optimizes probable consequences.
- Earning Trust - Gaining others confidence by acting with
integrity and following through on commitments while disclosing own
positions; treating others and their ideas with respect and
supporting them in the face of challenges.
- Execution -Ensuring others contribute to organization
strategies by focusing them on the most critical priorities,
measuring progress, and ensuring accountability against those
- Facilitating Change - Encouraging others to implement better
approaches to address problems and opportunities; leading the
implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Resolving Conflict - Helping others deal effectively with an
antagonistic situation to minimize damage to the relationships and
promote shared goals; using appropriate interpersonal methods to
reduce tension or conflict between two or more people and
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you
and your family
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement PlanMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in the transportation industry with knowledge of
- Effective organizational, planning and prioritization
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory capabilities.
- Must be flexible, willing to work any schedule, including
weekends and holidays.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in related
- Background/knowledge of equipment maintenance.
- Five (5) years of experience managing a maintenance shop
operation.WORKING CONDITIONSEnvironmental working conditions vary
and employee may encounter vibration, noise, odors, and extremes in
temperature and wind as well as exposure to varied weather, varied
surfaces, sharp edges, varied lighting and confined and congested
areas and occasionally exposure to petroleum-based products such as
gasoline, diesel fuel, oil, and grease.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe position
requires the ability to stand, walk, and maintain balance for
extensive periods of time. Occasionally sit. Continually speaking
and hearing, giving and receiving directions. Occasionally lift to
35 lbs. Constantly perform repetitive tasks; stretch, turn, twist,
and reach overhead; bend, crouch, squat, kneel and stoop.Yellow
Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerRequisition ID : 3046
Keywords: YRC Freight, Akron , Shop Supervisor, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!