2nd Shift Machine Operator (M-F 3-11 pm)
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Do you have a strong work ethic and the desire to join an
organization that invests in its people through cross-training and
development? ClarkDietrich, a leading manufacturer of cold-formed
steel framing and interior and exterior finishing products in North
America, fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive
compensation and benefits. Join the ClarkDietrich team by applying
to the Manufacturing Team Member position at our [Position
Starting Rate of Pay $19.71 / Hour
+ Monthly Bonus
The manufacturing team member will safely set up, operate and to
adjust metal forming equipment by use of appropriate tools and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up, operates and adjusts metal forming equipment by use of
appropriate tools and procedures.
- Keeps mill operating according to operating procedures and in
- Operates cutback saw in a safe manner and to order
- Keeps mill and surrounding area clean and clear of
- Performs all change overs, using appropriate tooling.
- Changes punches and shear dies.
- Performs to machine goals.
- Displays willingness and the ability to assist in training
- Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Works safely and follows all safety rules and operational
- Performs Lockout Procedure as required by mill specific Lockout
- Wears and maintains all required PPE.
- Understands all safety devices and their operation.
- Notifies management if safety devices are malfunctioning or
missing prior to machine operation.
- Performs quality checks, to include:
- Understands and uses a tape measure to check length, width and
- Understands and uses appropriately a micrometer to measure
thickness of the product periodically.
- Understands and performs routine checks for straightness, bow,
- Understands and performs routine checks for part dimension
using appropriate tools.
- Appropriately maintains all quality paperwork in a legible
- Performs routine maintenance and notifies maintenance personnel
concerning any machine issues that might slow down production,
cause a safety concern or lead to further maintenance
- Assists maintenance personnel as directed.
- Maintains a clean, organized work station
- Assists material handler with changing coils and follows reject
policy on rejected steel.
- Directs, assists and trains helpers to perform necessary
- Completes required paperwork to specification.
- Must be willing to work any shift within a 24 hour
- Mechanically inclined
- Problem solver
- Team oriented
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
- The military equivalent will be recognized in lieu of education
- Lifting- Up to 50 lbs.
- Standing-8 or more hours per day
- Walking- Off and on, 4-6 hours per day
- Body Positions- Squatting, bending, flexing and extending both
- Grasping- Both hands, up to 8 hours per day
- Sitting- None
- Pushing Effort- Carts of finished product and tools, up to 50
- Pulling- Tools and finished product, up to 15 lbs.
- Climbing (ladders/stairs)- Occasionally
- Basic mathematical skills, addition, subtraction,
multiplication and converting fractions into decimals.
- Ability to read a tape measure, caliper and micrometer
- Manufacturing facility - exposed to heat and cold.
- Personal Protective Equipment required at all times.
- Noise controlled environment.
- Activity level is high - continuous overhead crane and forklift
CLARKDIETRICH BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Tiered wage system, where promotions are based on
- Full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible
Spending Accounts and Life Insurance
- Monthly Bonus
- 401(k) with company match
- Perfect Attendance Award
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Community Service Day
Keywords: ClarkDietrich, Akron , 2nd Shift Machine Operator (M-F 3-11 pm), Other , Vienna, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!