Physician Office Sec MA - New rates of pay & $2,000 sign on bonus available!
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 25, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Part time24 hours weeklyVariable day shiftNew rates of pay & $2,000
sign on bonus available!
Summary:The Provider Office Secretary/Medical Assistant provides
consistently courteous, friendly, and professional customer
service, as well as Medical Assistant duties.
1. Secretary responsibilities include but are not limited to the
following: scheduling appointments, registering patients, verifying
insurance coverage and eligibility, collecting and securing
payments, performing end-of-day balancing and reconciliation,
facilitating patient referrals and completing forms and
2. Responsible for office typing, retrieving and filing charts and
chart documents, answering the phone, mail distribution and
assisting and/or answering questions from parents/patients within
3. Medical Assistant (MA) responsibilities determined by site and
as need arises and may include but are not limited to the
following: obtaining and recording vital signs, weight/height,
hearing and vision evaluations, CLIA tests, phlebotomy and
nasopharyngeal and other specimens for testing.
4. Administers vaccines and medications, including antibiotics, as
directed by the provider according to policy and procedure.
5. Able to prioritize and execute tasks for the assigned patients
in a timely and efficient manner under the direction of the
6. Documentation of care within the EPIC system will be completed
in a precise, accurate manner abiding by established guidelines for
7. Performs other assigned tasks to promote efficient practice
operation and contribute to the provision of quality patient care.
Responsible for ordering and maintaining office supplies.
8. Stocks cabinets and ensures facility is organized and clean at
the completion of the current day and/or prior to the start of the
next day office patient schedule.
9. Completes all assignments during scheduled working hours.
10. May be required to provide cross-coverage, as needed.
11. Other duties as assigned. -Other information:
1. Demonstrated excellence in customer service coupled with
excellent interpersonal skills is required.
2. Experience in secretarial duties is preferred.
3. Knowledge of and experience in medical terminology is
4. Experience in phlebotomy is preferred.
5. Experience working in a healthcare environment is preferred.
6. Experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or
similar software is preferred.
7. Experience working in an electronic medical record system (e.g.
EPIC) or similar software is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Certification: Completion of state approved Medical Assistant
Program, EMT, Paramedic Program or military training is
3. Basic Life Support (BLS) training from the American Heart
Association is required.
4. Years of relevant experience: Minimum of one (1) year of
experience is preferred.
5. Years of experience supervising: None. -Part Time -FTE:
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Physician Office Sec MA - New rates of pay & $2,000 sign on bonus available!, Other , Masury, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!