Patient Care Assistant - School Age Unit
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 25, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Full-Time, Part-Time, PRN Available
Day and Night Shift AvailableVariable Shift Hours
The Patient Care Assistant (PCA) assists in delivering individual
care for a group of patients under the supervision of a licensed
- Collects data that contributes to the assessment and evaluation
of individualized care and needs of assigned patients, including
discharge plans, under the direction of the licensed nurse.
- Provides direct care (i.e.-vital signs, transporting to other
departments) or other care to patients according to Hospital policy
and procedure as delegated by and under the supervision of the
- Accurately communicates patient findings and pertinent
information to the licensed nurse utilizing appropriate
communication/documentation processes (e.g. SBAR) and reports
patient complaints and/or signs of distress/pain promptly to the
nurse responsible for the patient.
- Performs clerical and support duties including answering phones
and order entry as needed.
- Helps to maintain department operations by ordering, stocking
of supplies, handling of linen, cleaning equipment and
transportation of patients.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks for the assigned patients
in a timely and efficient manner under the direction of the
- Documentation of care within the EPIC system will be completed
in a precise, accurate manner abiding by established guidelines for
- Follows safety policies and procedures in the delivery of care
to assure a safe environment for patients, families and other staff
- Completes all assignments during scheduled working hours.
- Participates in the educational offerings of the department
and/or nursing unit.
- PCA may be temporarily assigned to an area throughout Akron
Children's Hospital, based on patient needs requiring similar
knowledge and skill.
- Other duties as required. -Other information:
1. Knowledge of and experience in medical terminology is
2. Experience working in a healthcare environment is preferred.
3. Experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or
similar software is required.
4. Experience working in electronic medical record (i.e. EPIC) or
similar software is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required;
2. Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) training from the
American Heart Association is required;
3. Years of relevant experience: Minimum one (1) year of experience
4. Years of experience supervising: None. -Full Time -FTE:
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: GEN NURSING
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Patient Care Assistant - School Age Unit, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!