Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 25, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Part Time20 Hours/weekVariable Shift - Staffed 24/7, Including
Weekends/HolidaysOnsite, 2-3 days per week -
The Telecommunications Operator Answers and screens incoming
telephone calls; follows through with appropriate action.
1. Answers and screens incoming telephone calls; follows through
with appropriate action.
2. Pages authorized personnel.
3. Monitors alarms.
4. Responds appropriately to emergency signals including but not
limited to fire, stats, and Code Blue.
5. Distributes and maintains all pocket pagers.
6. Provides hospital answering service and maintains an accurate
7. Telephone Operations
8. Emergency Codes, Medical Codes, and Maintenance Alarms
9. Pocket Pagers and Overhead Announcements
10. Answering Service and On-call Schedules
11. Miscellaneous Responsibilities
12. Other duties as required.
1. Experience working with all levels within an organization is
2. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
3. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required -Part
Time -FTE: 0.500000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: IT IS
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Telecommunications Operator, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!