Orthopedic Tech I
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 25, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
PRN / -As NeededVariable ScheduleTravel Required to other sites
The Orthopedic Technician I/ II works under the direct supervision
of a physician or nurse practitioner, maintains patient flow,
provides orthopedic patient care, and is responsible for education
of patients, peers, and self. -Responsibilities:
1. Maintains patient flow, rooming and assisting patients and
assisting the physician, cast application and removal, setting up
and removal of traction, completes patient documentation and
encounter forms, answers patient and family questions and supplies
patient with proper printed material as ordered by physician.
2. Provides patient with home going instructions which may include
dressing changes, exercise and crutch or walker training.
3. Responsible for education of patients, peers, and self.
4. Maintains clean patient rooms.
5. Follows OSHA / HIPAA / JCAHO regulations and guidelines at all
6. Other duties as required -Other information:
1. Basic knowledge of medical terminology preferred
2. Positive bedside manner.
3. Understanding of prioritizing and time management skills.
4. Experience working with all levels within an organization is
5. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
6. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required;
Completion of an allied health program [RN, PA, LPN, MA, Surgical
Tech, Athletic Training, Paramedic, Intermediate, or EMT Basic] is
2. Certification: Current Health Care Provider BLS training is
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None. -On Call -FTE:
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: ALLIED HEALTH OTHER
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Orthopedic Tech I, Other , Hudson, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!