Mill Turn Machinist
Company: Avalign Technologies
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Avalign produces innovative, high-performance, and
cost-effective medical devices with a particular focus on high
growth and ingenuity. Our team is growing quickly and proud of the
fact that our custom-made devices continue to make a huge
difference in the lives of medical professionals and their
patients. Our employees are actively involved in the design,
engineering and manufacture of technologically advanced medical
devices that ensure that we meet our customer's quality
specifications for each product we produce.
Avalign Additive is looking for a CNC Mill Operator to join our
Akron, Ohio team. You will Operate conventional, special purpose,
and numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to
fabricate parts according to customer specifications. We are
currently hiring on 2nd shift.
What You'll Do:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals,
specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and
tolerances of a finished workpiece.
- Measures, and determines dimensions required on sample pieces &
samples to determine conformance to finish specifications. May be
required to perform inspection and statistical analysis of process
to determine actions necessary to maintain quality levels on parts
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to
- May be required to discuss with engineers, production
personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly
- Keep their areas clean and maintained in proper order.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What You Won't Do:
- Feel stuck - we offer great opportunities to advance and
- Get bored - we make custom products, so no day is the
- Feel like a number - we're a close-knit bunch and always have
each other's backs
Who You Are:
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Working knowledge of inspection equipment.
- The ability to work with basic mathematical skills such as
adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. The ability to use
calculators and computers when necessary.
- Shall be required to read and interpret blueprints and
drawings. Shall have a basic understanding of geometric tolerancing
to the level that they may understand and apply the tolerancing to
the manufacture and inspection of any given item.
- Oral communication and problem solving skills.
- Must be familiar with and practice internal safety
- Must be respectful and display a positive attitude
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or GED equivalence and/or 2 years minimum
What You'll Enjoy:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and 10 observed paid holidays per year
- Employer funded Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Employer funded STD and LTD insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Great 401(k) with company match
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values
promoting from within and career advancement
- Temperature controlled environment
- Community involvement investing and giving back to the
- Additional free resources such as travel assistance, EAP,
Avalign conducts a comprehensive background, drug testing, highest
level of education completion verification, and reference
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. We are an employer
that participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal
government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are
authorized to work in the U.S.
Machines & technologies you'll use:
Keywords: Avalign Technologies, Akron , Mill Turn Machinist, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!