Class A CDL Driver
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job SummaryA Class A CDL Driver is responsible for the accurate,
damage-free delivery of product via tractor trailers in an
efficient and safe manner. Your work will help fill our stores'
orders, meet delivery schedules and promote customer
CDL Required. Manual & Automatic CDL Experience Required.
Opportunity for Yard Jockey/Switcher PositionsJob Description
- Experience Required: None
- Experience Desired: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: Basic knowledge of DOT regulations; One
plus year(s) Class A CDL driving experience; City driving
experience; Electric pallet jack experience; Electric pallet jack
experience a plus
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Class A Commercial
Driver's License (CDL), Must have no commercial DUI/DWI on record,
Must have no personal DUI/DWI on record within previous 5
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, More than 50%
- Age Requirement: At least 21 years of ageJob Responsibilities
- Verify that the dock door and the trailer are safe and secured
prior to unloading the trailer.
- Have flexibility in scheduling and the availability to work the
times, shifts, days and overtime needed to meet the company's
- Meet and maintain established productivity standards.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules
including the safe operation of equipment, following all company
policies for the return and delivery process and helping to
maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Ensure the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is
utilized at all times.
- Appropriately follow food safety procedures.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as needed and assigned.
- Ability to read and speak English.
- Ability to pass and maintain DOT medical requirements.
- Drive tractor trailers in a safe and courteous manner.
- Follow all local, state and federal driving laws and Department
of Transportation regulations and promptly report all driving
violations to company management.
- Load and unload pallets, products and equipment using pallet
jacks according to proper procedures.
- Possess the ability to push, pull, lift and carry up to 100
- Build positive relationships with store personnel by working
efficiently, assisting customers in the unloading process,
communicating issues effectively and accepting feedback.
- Provide excellent customer service by interacting in a
professional, friendly and helpful manner while in the stores.
- Communicate with logistics and warehouse operations personnel
to efficiently facilitate the dispatching process.
- Communicate with supervision regarding safety, equipment,
damaged goods and any problems or issues that may arise.
- Perform safety checks on equipment at appropriate times,
including trailer temperature checks.Starting Rate of
Pay$19.50About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., were more than just food,
fuel and convenience. Were one giant family of diverse and talented
Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. Its
why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers
countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid
family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs
in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis
Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGos, our grocery Stores
through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put
food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. Were always
searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We
invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting
career with us.Required
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Akron , Class A CDL Driver, Other , Hudson, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!