Certified Ophthalmic Assistant
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 15, 2022
- Under direction of supervisor or physician receives and
prepares patients for examination or treatment.
- Performs routine screening tests.
- Documents patient information in the patient medical
- Performs stocking, maintenance and other related duties as
assigned, including maintaining exam rooms, equipment and
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of the written exam for Certified
- Recent graduate an Ophthalmic Technology Program (not yet COT
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) by Joint Commission on
Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO). Complexity of
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the
ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action. Work -Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year experience providing direct patient care
under the supervision of an Ophthalmologist. Physical Requirements:
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment and PC.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
- May require extended periods of standing, walking or
- Visual acuity, including the ability to distinguish colors.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Performs clinical and technical ophthalmic
duties and basic patient care as directed by physician or
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Certified Ophthalmic Assistant, Other , Ashland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!