Clerk/Tech Outpatient SFT, 8:30a-5:00p vary start
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 15, 2022
- Performs routine clerk duties such as assisting with
registering patients, addressing patient concerns and coordinating
the daily appointment schedule..
- Collects information from patients, processes insurance claims,
and audits collections.
- Receives incoming calls to the department,; assists caller or
directs caller to the appropriate personnel. Handles phone calls to
and from physician's offices and departments regarding patient
- Receives and/or collects a variety of biological specimens,
including verification of demographics and test information,
identification of samples requested and specimen type.
- Obtains completed lab, x-ray, EKG and H&P information under
the correct patient account number and places in patient
- Obtains blood specimens by various venipuncture and micro
collection techniques as outlined in the appropriate procedure
manual. Is aware of and follows hospital and laboratory safety
policies and procedures.
- Performs vital signs, EKGs and patient preparation.
- Transmits, completes order entry, and obtains EKG tracings.
Initiates and prepares patient charges or credits through hospital
- Assures effective, efficient, and timely patient flow by
adequate patient chart completion, maintains accurate cross
reference files for patient orders, and faxes test results to
- Prepares and completes charts with accuracy.
- Maintains statistical records regarding number of patients seen
- Develops collaborative working relationship with staff,
physician office personnel, and other departmental personnel.
- Communicates problems promptly and directly to the director or
- Attends mandatory in-service education and meetings.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Assures signing and completion of necessary registration forms,
clinical forms, and obtains face sheets and charge plates (as
applicable) when updating patients charts.
- Enters laboratory and radiology orders when registering
patients as applicable, assists with patient scheduling when
- Participates in clinical instruction programs to provide
learning experiences for paramedics and other hospital
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- High school graduate or the equivalent including courses in
typing CRT data entry business mathematics and office procedures.
Two years medical/technical assisting experience or graduate of
medical assistant program.Certifications:
- Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS).Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- Ability to perform work requiring a moderate degree of
repetitious manual operations with normal care and accuracy.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in stressful
- Passing score on alphanumeric data entry test.Work Experience:
- Demonstrated strong communication skills as well as the ability
to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Computer experience.Physical Requirements:Personal Protective
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required Under the direction of the Coordinator of the
unit working and the Director, the Clerk/Technician performs a
variety of clerical activities and assists with all patient
processing. As expected for all employees, the Clerk/Technician
continually demonstrates behaviors that anticipate and meet the
needs of patients, visitors and other customers.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Clerk/Tech Outpatient SFT, 8:30a-5:00p vary start, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!