RN Specialist Endoscopy PRN
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 12, 2022
- Pre-Operative duties include preparing the patient for the
- Assessment of the physical and psychological status of the
patient, pre-op vital signs, as well as, accurately completing the
admission; pre-op documentation and pre-op testing report findings
to the physician when necessary. Ensure that all necessary consents
and charting components are available and filled out
- Intra-Operative duties include assisting the physician with the
endoscopic procedures, competent use of equipment, accurate
documentation, specimen labeling, communicate relevant information
to the anesthesia provider and physician.
- Recovery Room duties include the full responsibility for the
care of the post-procedure patient.
- Ensure the patient is stable and meets all requirements to be
safely discharged, as well as, accurately complete the
- Behave in a positive manner.
- Seek out and utilizes resources to keep current in nursing
trends and practice.
- Seek assistance from other resource person to improve skills,
knowledge in the Endoscopy unit.
- Identifies unsafe practices and participates in seeking a
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality
- Follows policy and procedures of the Endoscopy unit
- Follows hospital and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge.
- Complete mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.Certifications:
- Current state of Ohio RN license. Current BLS and ACLS (with 6
months of hire).Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- Membership into professional society is recommended.Work
- Two (2) years of nursing experience. Recent Endoscopy
experience preferred which could include (ICU/PACU)
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , RN Specialist Endoscopy PRN, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!