Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 13, 2022
- Assesses the learning needs of the patient with diabetes.
- Plans with the patient and family educational goals to meet
identified learning needs.
- Documents plan of care.
- Teaches diabetes education classes.
- Communicates effectively with patients and families.
- Assists in formulating policies, procedures and standards of
- Coordinates bi-monthly Diabetes Education Advisory Committee
- Monitors fiscal plan (budget) operating within parameters.
- Evaluates and sets standards for facilities and equipment;
monitors utilization of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes good public relations for the Center and
- Keeps accurate records; sends appropriate forms to physician's
- Manages time effectively for proper balance between clinical
and administrative responsibilities.
- Monitors productivity with the keeping of monthly
- Develops and revises the diabetes education curriculum as
- Evaluates the effectiveness of diabetes patient education
program through the designated follow-up program.
- Collaborates with other healthcare team members to coordinate
medical and nursing management of patient care.
- Participates in hospital quality improvement activities.
- Utilizes research findings in clinical practice and/or
participates in research activities.
- Demonstrates a proactive approach in patient education and
discharge planning for patients with diabetes.
- Assists in orientation of RN's and other hospital
- Serves as a resource to nursing, physicians and other
- Attends meetings and seminars to enrich personal knowledge,
growth and skill in providing care for patients with diabetes.
- Serves on internal and external committees in support of
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure. (Job specific
competency: required to complete National ADA exam after 1,000
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor's
Degree in Nursing Master's in Nursing Education or related field
- Licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse in
the State of Ohio. Certified Diabetes Educator is required or must
successfully complete next National ADA exam after 1000
hours.Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- Demonstrated leadership and teaching abilities.Work Experience:
- Minimum of two years recent clinical experience with emphasis
on the care of diabetic patients.Physical Requirements:Personal
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required Under the direction of the Coordinator,
Patient Education the Diabetes Educator coordinates, assesses,
plans, implements and evaluates the diabetic teaching program of
the Diabetes Self Care Center for inpatients and outpatients;
provides diabetic patient education for individual, family and
groups of patients and families and collaborates with other
disciplines in managing the Diabetes Self Care Center. As expected
for all employees, the Diabetes Educator is responsible for
promoting and demonstrating the nursing caring standards and guest
relations standards in the fulfillment of the role.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Diabetes Educator, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!