Epic Application Implementation Mgr (LIS)
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: May 12, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at akronchildrens.org.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
The Manager Applications Implementation is responsible for
managing, organizing and supervising the assigned Epic project
teams. In this role, the initially assigned project will be focused
on our Epic Beaker implementation.
1. Adds value as a key member of management; understands the
business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
2. Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and
develops, and manages performance to company goals and
3. Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain
4. Responsible for managing, organizing and supervising the
assigned Epic project team[s].
5. Ensures teams perform efficiently to produce excellent outcomes
during initial implementation, subsequent release implementation,
software optimization and ongoing support of the electronic health
6. Utilizes applicable knowledge and experience to coordinate all
aspects of the implementation, testing and training of the assigned
Epic applications or functional areas. Identifies innovative uses
and solutions based on best practices.
7. Is responsible for project management of new application
implementations as required.
8. Provides oversight of ongoing upgrades to the EHR.
9. Acts as point of contact for Epic integration with other
deployed EHR applications and future applications.
10. Facilitates process transformation and ongoing performance
improvement activities of the EHR. Liaison between Epic project
teams and Epic.
11. Performs special projects as assigned.
12. Works cooperatively with other departments and vendor[s] to
accomplish goals of the project implementation[s].
13. Defines and adheres to SLA's.
14. Other duties as required.
1. Experience working with an EHR is preferred.
2. Experience with project management is required.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is
4. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
5. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required. Epic, Business Objects, Tableau software is
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor degree is required. Master's degree is
2. Certification: Additional certification and attendance at user
group and advisory council meetings is required. Epic Beaker
Certification is ideal, at least 1 Epic application is
3. Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Position: IT IS
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Epic Application Implementation Mgr (LIS), Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!