Purchasing - Buyer
Company: Myers Tire Supply
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Myers Industries, Inc. is an international manufacturer of
polymer-based material handling products and a wholesale
distributor of tire repair and retread products. As a diversified
manufacturing company, Myers Industries offers a broad range of
products across multiple markets, including industrial,
agriculture, food processing, healthcare, and consumer.
Buyer with Myers Tire Supply
Myers Tire Supply is a multi-million dollar distribution company
seeking a Buyer to join its Purchasing Department. We are looking
for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to help our organization
succeed. The Buyer will be responsible for developing, executing,
monitoring and managing the demand and supply plan for assigned
products. Tasked with using internal forecast data, historical
system data and other insights to develop demand plans and make
purchases that support an optimal balance between inventory, turns
and sales order fill rates at each Myers Tire Supply distribution
What will our Buyer do?
- Places orders with suppliers using parameters developed within
the department. Expedite orders to ensure timely receipt of goods.
Monitor and manage supplier delivery plans to achieve desired
service levels, minimize stock-outs and delivery costs.
- Analyze inventory and forecasts to determine additional product
needs, return or liquidate slow selling goods and cancellations
- Manage PO acknowledgements, promised delivery dates by
suppliers, operational notes, purchasing descriptions, item numbers
- Support the company's product initiatives to ensure adequate
inventory is planned and available to support product launch,
business initiatives, promotions and events.
- Manage customer service questions, invoice discrepancies and
receiving issues in a timely manner.
- Monitors supplier performance to anticipate inventory or order
fill problems before they occur.
- Oversee life cycle of product assortments from item set up to
- Responsible for the following Key Performance Indicators via
reporting to managemento Fill rate
o Inventory turns
o Vendor scorecard for on time delivery, shipment condition and
quality, vendor lead time including order min and order
o Backorder management
The Right Candidate will have:
1. Bachelor's degree in conjunction with experience as a
2. Intermediate level of knowledge with Microsoft Excel
3. Ability to negotiate product availability and delivery with
4. Professional approach when interacting with others
5. Ability to prioritize, multi-task and to carry a heavy
Preferred Qualifications, Skills
1. Product knowledge in the automotive parts aftermarket
2. Institutional knowledge within Myers Tire Supply
3. Demonstrated decision making skills
4. APICS Certification
A Career with a High Rate of Return:
- We offer competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits,
including:o Paid time off
o Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
o 401(k) with company match
o Employee Stock Purchase Plan
o Life and Disability insurance
About Myers Tire Supply
Myers Tire Supply distributes a complete line of tire valve
hardware, tire patches, tire changing tools, equipment and back
shop supplies. We are also the automotive aftermarket's source for
solutions to help better manage your business. These programs are
presented to customers through our knowledgeable sales
representatives and on our website. Our network of four
distribution centers, delivers in stock orders to 98% of the U.S.
in two days or less.
Learn more about Myers Tire Supply by visiting us at
Myers Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity at will employer and
does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex,
sexual orientation or national origin.
Keywords: Myers Tire Supply, Akron , Purchasing - Buyer, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!