Company: Cargill, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Cargill is a trusted salt supplier to a wide variety of industries;
our portfolio includes food processing salts, sodium reduction
solutions, salt for water softeners and swimming pools, bulk and
packaged ice melters, industrial salts, and salt for animal
feeding. Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive - a place
to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful
work that makes a positive impact around the globe. We depend on
creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you to operate
our business successfully!
Job Type: Full Time
Compensation: $27.39 / hour
* Operation and adjustment of various packaging and product loading
equipment including conveyors, elevators, presses/compactors,
baggers, palletizers, hi-lo forklifts.
* Perform quality control duties for various filled salt containers
including bags and big bags. This could include taking salt
samples, running tests, weighing product and recording results
* Collect product samples and utilize computer systems to input and
record data as necessary
* Perform basic preventative maintenance tasks on the packaging and
product loading/transfer equipment as needed.
* Safely operate motorized vehicles used to move or lift products,
equipment, or materials within and around plant.
* Perform general cleanup of the work area including sweeping,
shoveling, and lifting various salt product packages as needed.
* Understand and adhere to all safety rules and regulations
* Maintain a safe and clean work environment
* Eligible to work in the United States without a visa
* Be 18 years or older.
* Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending,
lifting up to 50 lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting,
with or without a reasonable accommodation
* Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may
include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of
personal protective equipment (PPE).
* Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
* Must be able to operate machinery
* Ability to understand and communicate in English
* Basic use of a computer
* Ability to work rotating shifts and overtime including holidays,
nights, or weekends
* Previous experience operating a forklift
* High School diploma or Equivalent
* One year of prior experience in production related work
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area
US Covid-19 Vaccination Update: Cargill highly encourages
vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will
be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or
if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow
Cargill's safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask
mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Keywords: Cargill, Inc., Akron , Packing Operator, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!