Medical Assistant - Adult Medicine
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Under the direct supervision of the physician, the Medical
Assistant I is responsible for assisting in the delivery of health
care, and performs general receptionist duties under the
supervision of the Office Manager when needed.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Assures
completion of patient histories. Obtains vital signs.
- Administers injections, assists with splints and applies
dressings as directed.
- Performs sterilization of instruments/equipment, if indicated,
according to established policies.
- Performs CLIA Waived tests as instructed and maintains quality
controls on all CLIA tests performed in the office.
- Performs phlebotomy duties as directed.
- Orders and maintains supplies as needed.
- Performs some or all of the following general receptionist
duties when needed:
- Verifies and updates patient information in the practice
- Collects co-pays and open balances, post charges and accurately
enters these in the practice management system. Balance charges and
payments and prepares deposit.
- Answers telephone promptly and courteously; takes messages
accurately and provides information as needed.
- Assembles, updates, and ensures completion of the patient
- Completes referrals and pre certifications as needed.
- Processes requests for medical records made by patients,
insurance companies and others in an appropriate manner.
- Sorts mail, medical records and other correspondence as
- Completes mandatory training and education in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
mandatory education, dress code and display of ID badge.
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Graduate of an accredited program for Medical
- Certification from the America Association of Medical
Assistants preferred. Certification required within 90 days from
date of hire.Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective skills with multi-line telephone systems and
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to handle money in a safe manner.Work Experience:
- Prefer one year experience in a medical office setting.Physical
Requirements:Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Medical Assistant - Adult Medicine, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!