RN - Bariatric Program Coordinator
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Under the direct supervision of the physician and the Office
Manager, the Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care
for patients following established standards and practices. May
delegate appropriate patient care activities to other nurses or
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Instructs
patients in collection of samples and tests. Assures completion of
patient histories. Obtains vital signs. Maintains timely flow of
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with nursing standards.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment,
examination, and testing of patients.
- Observes, records, and reports patient's condition and reaction
to drugs and treatments to physician.
- Collaborates with scheduling staff and physician(s) in the
coordination of appointment scheduling. Ensures timely treatment of
patients in acute and emergency situations.
- Answers the telephone promptly and courteously, screens calls,
takes messages, provides information and follows up on patient
issues in a timely manner.
- Instructs patient and family regarding medications and
- Maintains and reviews patient's records, charts, and other
pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results in
- Schedules patient appointments, diagnostic testing and
procedures ordered by the physician.
- Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials.
Orders medical supplies needed.
- Promotes health and wellness in the practice and community and
serves as a patient advocate.
- Educates staff on new equipment, policy, updates, etc.
- Collaborates with the Medical Director of Bariatrics to
maintain MBSAQIP accreditation.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains current
Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.Certifications:
- Current license in the State of Ohio. Maintains current Basic
Life Support (BLS).Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give
and evaluate patient care.Work Experience:
- One year of professional nursing experience in a physician
practice setting preferred.Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- May requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition
exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount,
a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or
standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting
most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg
controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production
rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of
materials even though the weight of those materials is
negligible.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , RN - Bariatric Program Coordinator, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!