Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Under the supervision of the Director, Nursing/Patient Services,
or designee, the Unit Clerk is responsible for performing
receptionist and clerical duties.
- Receives, greets and directs patients, visitors and hospital
personnel providing accurate responses in a friendly, courteous
- Receives, places and transfers telephone calls using
appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Records and communicates or delivers messages accurately.
- Provides accurate information in a concise, informative manner
respecting patients' right to privacy.
- Responds to service and information requests in a timely
- Remains calm, reassuring and able to provide direction during
emergency situations, STAT requests and orders.
- Maintains appropriate level of forms, materials and
- Receives and distributes items for patients assuring accuracy;
files reports and test results in accurate and timely manner.
- Transcribes physician orders completing necessary forms,
requisitions and communications with attention to detail and
- Maintains medical record in appropriate and sequential order as
prescribed by hospital policy; prepares the chart for medical
records upon discharge or expiration of the patient.
- Enters information into the hospital information system in a
timely and accurate manner.
- Initiates and accurately maintains information on the
- Initiates and prepares patient charges or credits either
manually or through hospital information system.
- Sets priorities in work, separates emergency/STAT orders and
requests from regular work flow.
- Assists in orientation of new personnel and other unit
- Consistently completes assignments independently with high
- Adapts to changes in workload.
- Completes assignments with appropriate time for in-services,
unit meetings and conferences.
- Completes yearly mandatory requirements by required date.
- Communicates all pertinent patient care information or
situations to the Director, Nursing/Patient Services, nursing
coordinator, or staff nurse.
- Demonstrates understanding of emergency procedures, fire
drills, evacuation procedures and internal/external disaster plans
- Demonstrates satisfactory performance for established and new
routines, procedures, skills and equipment.
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- High school graduate or the equivalent.Certifications:
- None requiredComplexity of Work:
- Meets the hospital's general requirements for employment.
- Satisfactory completion of hospital training and orientation
- Satisfactory completion of typing test with demonstrated basic
- Ability to form and to maintain courteous cooperative and
respectful relations with patients families physicians and
co-workers in a high demand setting.
- Successfully completes/passes all mandated programs as required
by policy and competencies/skills as required.Work Experience:
- Previous clerical experience required; clerical experience in a
healthcare setting and knowledge of medical terminology
preferred.Physical Requirements:Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Part Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Unit Clerk, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!