Assistant Team Leader Grocery
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: October 15, 2021
Provide leadership in the Grocery Department by directing and
managing employees, ordering perishable and non perishable products
and supplies. An Assistant Grocery Team Leader will also assist in
implementing merchandising initiatives to stimulate the growth of
the business while creating and sustaining an exemplary customer
service atmosphere to build a lifelong relationship by focusing on
understanding and exceeding customer needs.Job Description
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and
convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team
Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why
we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless
career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values
are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the
Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas.
From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our
Corporate home office we are working together to put food on
shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching
for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you
to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering
products and supplies to meet customer requirements and maximize
- Schedule team members and delegate work assignments in
accordance with collective bargaining agreement when applicable, as
well as work standards.
- Develop and implement merchandising plans using guidelines and
suggestions to meet the financial objectives of the department.
Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations to
- Prepare, maintain and track records concerning inventories and
work processes to calculate gross monthly profits according to
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided by a trainer to
department team members in order to reduce turnover, promote
efficiency, and control labor costs.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment to ensure health and OSHA
requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain communication process with other
departments in order to develop marketing plans which help to meet
the financial objectives of the store.
- Promote continuous development of Team Members and identify
candidates for the Team Leader Development Program.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Akron , Assistant Team Leader Grocery, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!