Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: October 13, 2021
This position will serve to be the key technical and
maintenance leader in the manufacturing facility. The
successful candidate will work alongside the operations leadership
team to drive continuous improvement and the proper maintenance of
plant equipment. The role will serve as the plant’s
Progressive Maintenance Pillar Owner and will be responsible for
driving the key result metrics of the pillar. Additionally,
the role will serve to deliver the business in the areas of Safety,
Quality, Reliability, Efficiency, Cost, Delivery, and Sustainability. The Technical (Maintenance)
Manager is responsible for the direct leadership, development, and
support of our Maintenance Coordinators.
- Performs maintenance management by leading maintenance
personnel and establishing priorities in maintenance
- Lead the operating departments’ Maintenance Coordinators and
- Develop their technical acumen
- Understand and apply Progressive Maintenance tools
- Prioritize work effectively through use of a CMMS
- Respond to process failures and breakdowns with a sense of
- Train all levels of the organization to complete mechanical
- Drive high-performance work culture by engaging with team
members on the floor and coaching to problem solve, make decisions,
and become self-reliant
- Coach operating teams and leadership to root cause
identification, elimination of losses, and the use of
problem-solving tools to identify gaps and prioritize work.
- Responsible for electronic reliability data and improving
methods for collecting accurate data
- Establish and track KPIs as required to successfully manage the
safety, quality, and efficiency of the maintenance operations.
- Working closely with the Plant Engineer, lead and execute on
the 5-year CAPEX plan for the operating departments
- Participate in and/or lead improvement teams to provide
targeted improvements to meet plant and company objectives.
- Address gaps in line/area performance through the
implementation and effective coaching of Smucker Continuous
Improvement methodologies; foster a zero-loss culture
- Owns a safety sub-key element and/or a quality key element
- A 4-year Engineering Degree is required
- 5 - 10 years in manufacturing food or pharmaceutical
- Experience with maintenance work development, planning, and
scheduling is desired.
- Experience leading and working in collaboration with others is
- Candidates should have demonstrated experience developing and
maintaining a budget
- Experience with a CMMS is required (Oracle’s eAM is
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Akron , Maintenance Manager, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!