Quality Manager – Supplier, QMS
Posted on: June 11, 2021
At Leaf Home Solutions people are at the heart of everything we
do, and we’ve crafted a team of the very best to ensure we make a
difference… both to the homeowners we support and the staff that’s
at the heart of it all. We are driven by the
hard-working and creative individuals that are passionate about
their careers and what they do. LeafFilter Gutter Protection seeks
to provide the best gutter cover solution paired with an
outstanding customer service experience from beginning to end. Leaf
Home Safety Solutions installs accessibility solutions like stair
lifts, walk-in tubs, and walk-in showers to enhance the safety of
our customers in the homes they love. Leaf Home Water Solutions
offers home water purification and water softener systems to
protect and preserve the longevity of the home and the people
living in it. Leaf Home Enhancements provides home upgrades
including custom cabinet restyling, one day bathroom renovations,
and high-quality windows and doors. Leaf Home Solutions believes
that home is where the heart is, and our team strives to make each
home a safer and more livable space.
Position Summary: Supply Quality Manager
strives to be the leader in supplier quality management and ability
to scale to support LHS. Key responsibilities include developing
approved Suppliers for mass production of high quality parts.
Manage suppliers in mass production to continuously produce high
quality parts consistently, with improvement in yield quarter to
quarter. Qualify and bring-up of new suppliers to support increased
capacity and/or new programs (addressing all aspects of supplier
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be the leader in end to end supplier quality
- Lead the qualification of new suppliers or existing suppliers
of new components to support increased capacity and/or new
programs. Establish process or mechanism in driving supplier
- Set up quality goals and monitor failure rate in contract
manufacturer, drive supplier to produce high quality parts
consistently, with improvement in yield quarter to quarter.
- Anticipates potential problems, identifies the root cause, and
resolves performance issue and problems.
- Work with engineering team in project development phase and
make sure material issues are monitored and timely closed.
- Develop process to early identify potential problems and
improvements with design of new products, specifications,
components, materials and application.
- Drive both suppliers and contract manufacturers in area of
failure analysis capability, including engineering resource and
- Work with supply chain team to understand and highlight areas
where quality and process within a specific supplier can be
improved to reduce cost.
- Overall QMS responsibility:
- Conducting policy and compliance audits, which will include
liaising with internal and external auditors
- Leading the Management Review Process (including updating
Quality Policy and Quality Objectives as appropriate)
- QMS Data Analysis and recommendations for QMS improvements
- Management of the QMS Document Control system
- Maintaining FDA regulatory Compliance
Experience and Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of
education, training, and experience.
- 6+ years of experience in quality management
- Has knowledge in understanding quality tools such as
Relationship, System, Root Cause Analysis, Failure Modes and
Effects Analysis, Gauge Reliability and Repeatability, FAI (First
Article Inspection), Cpk (statistical process capability),
- Able to understand how to read and interpret engineering
- Experience in implementing processes to control and monitor
supplier quality from qualification stage through to mass
production. Particular focus will be required on establishing
guideline and process, and the capability to define and revise
- Ability to juggle various work activities and shift their
attention from one task to another to meet the demands of different
stakeholders without “dropping the ball”.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy, team-oriented
environment and have a “roll up your sleeves” and “today not
- Apply active listening skills through the ability to comprehend
information presented and respond thoughtfully.
- Detail oriented and can focus on the task at hand, no matter
how minute, by finding the most efficient and effective pathway to
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
for communicating with internal and external parties in a manner
that is both articulate and professional.
- Ability to logically connect ideas, scrutinize and evaluate
arguments, find inconsistencies and errors in work, solve complex
problems, and engage in reflection.
- Ability to provide timely and empathetic help through
in-person, phone, email, and social media avenues that keeps the
co-worker or customer’s needs at the forefront of every
- Ability to communicate effectively, to recognize, understand,
and manage one’s own emotions as well as others, and foster
positive working relationships across all levels of the
- Holding oneself responsible and being self-driven in
accomplishing business goals, adhering to policies and being
responsible for one’s own actions, performance, and decisions.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Project, and/or Access).
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment
without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality Management Systems
- 5+ years of experience in a supply chain/distribution
- Related Professional Certifications preferred
- 10%-25% domestic travel required.
Overtime/Additional Hours Requirements:
- Additional Hours May Be Required (Exempt Positions)
- Field Office/Manufacturing/Construction Environment
- Indoor work in a climate-controlled environment.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.
Leaf Home Solutions Core Values
Our vision is to be the leading innovator of direct-to-consumer
home safety and improvement solutions. To accomplish this goal, we
look for the following qualities and values in our employees:
- TNT - Today, Not Tomorrow. By being cognizant
of the present, attacking problems, and presenting ground-breaking
solutions today, our team strives toward a better tomorrow.
- Teamwork - To present the very best home
solutions on the market, our culture revolves around teamwork.
Individual success is important to the Leaf team, but the way the
team works together to deliver excellence is at the heart of the
- Ingenuity - Ingenuity and innovation are the
factors that drive success for any brand, whether it’s exploring a
new product market or connecting consumers with something familiar.
These are valuable qualities that we strive to exemplify at
- Compassion - Home is where the heart is, and
we understand and celebrate that. We strive to make each renovation
or home upgrade stress-free and friendly, and we provide the best
end-to-end service to inspire confidence in homeowners. Are we your
Leaf Home Solutions Company Overview
- Why Work at Leaf Home Solutions? Leaf Home
Solutions has cultivated a passionate and inspired team with the
support of an excellent workplace culture. People are at the heart
of everything we do, and we’ve crafted a team of the very finest to
ensure we make a difference…both to the homeowners we support and
to the staff that’s at the heart of it all. Are you looking for a
workplace with excellent culture, benefits, and opportunities for
advancement? How about weekly pay, casual dress, and a fun work
environment? Because we’re looking for someone just like you to
make our team extraordinary.
- Are we your company? Leaf Home Solutions is
dominating the home improvement industry as we continue to grow. We
work hard and play harder. We’re a big company with a small company
feel. We have ambition and drive and we’re in constant development.
For us, we strive to be better than the best and we want you to
join in our success! Now with over 100 offices across the U.S. and
Canada, our team is diverse and strong. From marketing to sales,
installation, and service, we have the best team, right along with
the best home solutions.
- What do we offer?
- Industry leading compensation package
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits after 90 days
- 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off, Comprehensive Health, Wellbeing, and Financial
- Endless opportunity for growth and advancement
- Leaf Home Solutions Awards and Accolades: Leaf
Home Solutions has been recognized as a top workplace by Ohio
Business Magazine and The Plain Dealer. For a full list of awards
earned by our brands, please visit
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Leaf Home Solutions is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We
strive to create an environment that embraces differences and
Equal Opportunity Statement
Leaf Home Solutions will recruit, hire, train, and promote
persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, ancestry,
national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, religion, age, results of genetic testing, veteran
status, or physical/mental disability (except where the disability
prevents the individual from being able to perform the essential
functions of the job and cannot be reasonably accommodated in full
compliance with the law).
Keywords: LeafFilter, Akron , Quality Manager – Supplier, QMS, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!