Wealth Management Director
Company: Premier Bank
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position Title: Wealth Management Director
Department: Wealth Management
Position Reports to: EVP, Chief Banking Officer
Position Supervises: Directors of assigned Wealth Management
Support the company's vision and mission statement, sales and
service activities through oversight of the entire Wealth
Management Division's assigned lines of business. Responsible for
the overall sales and financial growth, new relationship
acquisition and overall profitability of the division. Demonstrate
and implement our Trusted Advisor strategy to all internal and
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes business results by communicating job expectations
and accountability; planning, monitoring, and appraising direct
report job results; coaching, counseling, developing personal
growth opportunities and disciplining employees; developing,
coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and
- Prepare wealth management and assigned line of business
department budgets and other sales and performance metrics and
- Develop and implement a team business strategic plan that meets
expectations for growth and profitability in the affluent, high net
worth and ultra-high net worth client segments.
- Acquire new clients and retain existing affluent clients in
assigned book of business personally
- Lead and participate in the sales and service process to
achieve team revenue and sales goals.
- Ensure advisor team delivers personalized, attentive service to
the entire client base through sound financial planning and
- Ensure team actively monitors assigned investment accounts for
adherence to investment, asset allocation, and risk tolerance
objectives and policies.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships across
all lines of business throughout the organization.
- Participate in community networking events and organization;
prospect for new clients.
- Establish and maintain mutually beneficial business
relationships with internal bank partners and key external centers
- Keep abreast of changing regulatory, economic, legal financial
planning, investment trends and general market and business issues
- Ensure department works within the existing audit, compliant
portfolio of relationships and work closely with specialized areas
of support to implement the company's risk management practices,
policies and procedures.
- Participate in ongoing improvement and refinement of wealth
management strategies, processes and procedures by providing
feedback to your manager and participating in task forces,
committees, etc. as requested.
- Responsible for networking arrangement and relationship
management of our broker dealer. Execute needed agreements. Attend
bi-monthly sales and management meetings. Oversee due diligence and
- Develop and oversee commission and incentive plan, management
reports and payments.
- Ensure and oversee preparation of required board committee
- Actively participate in numerous committees bi-weekly,
bi-monthly, monthly, quarterly and as needed.
- Recruit, hire and train to division sales positions.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Position may work from any office location in our footprint.
Education, Certification, License and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent combination of education and
related training) preferably with a concentration in personal
financial planning, trust management, business accounting, finance
or banking. Industry applicable licenses preferred (Series 7, 24,
63, and 65 or 66. Life & Health).
- Greater than ten years of progressively more responsible
banking, investment and/or financial planning related experience. A
minimum of five years strong coaching experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Advanced understanding of broad range of financial planning and
investment concepts. Working knowledge of retail banking, personal
trust, fiduciary services and brokerage sales and services. Good
understanding of Company operations.
- Responsible for knowing and ensuring compliance with applicable
laws, regulations and guidelines, as detailed in policies that
include but are not limited to Bank Secrecy Act and other
applicable anti-money-laundering rules, Fair Lending, Community
Reinvestment Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and other laws and
regulations as they pertain to the position
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and supervisory skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive background in bank policies and procedures, banking
and securities laws and regulations.
- Skilled at employee development, and community public
- Ability to sell. Ability to attract and retain good sales
- Goal-oriented personality with professional appearance
- Complete understanding of the securities industry's policies
This job operates in a professional office environment. Work is
normally performed in a typical interior work environment which
does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear,
stand or sit for long periods of time, open filing cabinets, walk,
stoop or bend, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10
pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and complete
tasks requiring manual dexterity. Ability to drive a vehicle for
travel is required for the position.
Premier Financial Corp is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or any other legally
The above statements are intended to describe the essential
functions of the job and the qualifications of the person assigned
to it. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job
duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities
and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time
with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. This job description does not constitute a contract of
employment. Employment is "at will" and may be terminated at any
Keywords: Premier Bank, Akron , Wealth Management Director, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!