Meter Reader A (Temporary) - North St. Akron, OH
Company: First Energy
Posted on: May 3, 2021
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse
team of employees committed to making customers' lives brighter,
the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and
operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy
includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric
systems, more than 24,500 miles of transmission lines that connect
the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating
fleet with a total capacity of 3,780 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open temporary position with Ohio Edison, a subsidiary
of FirstEnergy Corp. [OEPP].
1. Walks to meter location; checks meter number to number on
hand-held unit display.
2. Reads dials of electric watt-hour meters, demand indicators, and
3. Examines meters for: broken seals, broken glass, and loose meter
parts, unsafe conditions such as bare cable, unauthorized use,
stopped meters and any other abnormal conditions.
4. Answers customer's meter reading inquiries by application of
Company policies and procedures.
5. Reports defective Company equipment, dogs, hazardous conditions,
or incidents which may impair service or create safety
6. Attends safety meetings and instructional sessions as required
so that work is successfully performed without accidents or
7. Familiarizes himself/herself with the First Energy Accident
Prevention Handbook and follows all policies and guidelines set
8. Drives personal vehicle when required.
9. Works effectively and cooperates with other individuals,
departments, and organizations.
10. Completes assigned meter reading routes within the allotted
time period, and within departmental accuracy standards.
11. Performs other work as assigned.
12. Wears Company approved uniform.
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must pass the EEI Meter Reader test.
3. Must have the skill to read and comprehend policies, procedures,
visual displays on terminals and other information.
4. Must have a valid State of Ohio driver's license.
5. As a condition of employment, Meter Readers are required to
provide a personal motor vehicle to perform their daily job
6. Physical condition sufficient to:
a) Walk at a reasonable pace for extended periods of time and
distance in all weather conditions over a variety of terrain.
b) Climb stairs, hills, stepladders, and over obstructions.
c) Stoop, stretch, kneel, sit, and learn to read meters in cramped
and unusual locations and to enter and exit a vehicle
7. Ability to complete reports accurately and on schedule.
8. Must have communication and human relation skills to handle
customer inquiries in accordance with the Company's Service
9. Must be available to work scheduled hours, which may be
nonstandard business hours, and available for emergency call-in as
needed, as determined by supervision.
10. Willingness and ability to acquire additional skills and
knowledge to meet performance requirements as required.
11. Previous outdoor work experience preferred.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on
their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business
environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team
efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes a
company-sponsored pension plan, and a choice of medical and
prescription drug. Please visit our website at to learn more about
all of our employee rewards programs. (Please note that benefits
for Temporary Full Time employees may be different) FirstEnergy
proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies
without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer
H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of
our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools,
information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that
assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and
the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to
maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote
and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate
ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Meter Reader, Temporary, Utility, Energy,
Keywords: First Energy, Akron , Meter Reader A (Temporary) - North St. Akron, OH, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!