Clinical Educator I - Travel
Company: Steris Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer
world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product
and service solutions around the globe.
The Clinical Educator I ensures that Sterile Processing
technicians, internal and external to STERIS Instrument Processing,
are properly trained and operating wthin the guidelines set forth
by various industry standards and regulations including, but not
limited to IAHCSMM, CBSPD, AORN, The Joint Commission, FDA, CDC,
OSHA, AAMI and those of IMS and its customer facilities. Performs
various other training duties related to the STERIS Intrument
Processing and facility employees. Travel up to 100% required.
Duties - cont'd
- Provides re-education training and communication for
performance issues found in the OR and instrumentation tray
- Conducts initial employee assessments and trains to
- Conducts initial and ongoing training based on STERIS IMS
standard operating procedures initially in a group setting and then
one-on-one as needed.
- Conducts additional training needs of STERIS IMS and/or
facility staff and keeps STERIS IMS and/or facility management
informed of training progress.
- Adjust schedule to work with all employees on all shifts to
ensure training needs are met and supported. Ability to work
pre-arranged weekend, night, and evening hours.
- Develops and maintains a training schedule for continuing
education and training for each facility based on needs and with
flexibility to adjust to better address pain points of the
- Conducts audits of staff training records to ensure compliance
with governing guidelines.
- Ensures resources are available to meet requirements of staff
- Maintains documentation relating to safety, effectiveness, and
cost in planning, delivering, and managing training and development
- Promotes customer service and the mission of STERIS IMS.
- Promotes quality assurance and performance improvement related
to employee technical skills.
- Conducts in-service at facility site as needed.
- Models behavior that is appropriate for affiliation with each
facility and STERIS IMS
High School Diploma or GED
- High School Diploma or GED Required. Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ Years SPD experience
- 3+ years training experience
- Sterile Processing Certification Required
- Must maintain valid driver's license, vehicle insurance and be
available to operate a vehicle as needed to meet travel
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with
approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than
If you need assistance completing the application process,
please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for
accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action
programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained,
transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race,
color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship
status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, and any other category
protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed
to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor,
but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics
required by 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and
applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program
may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business
Keywords: Steris Corporation, Akron , Clinical Educator I - Travel, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!