Information about #25811 HR Business Partner Director
Work Location: GOJO Plaza - Akron, Ohio
GOJO Industries, inventor of PURELL branded well-being
solutions, is the global leader in Healthy Skin and Healthy Places.
We use the best science available to create breakthroughs that
result in healthier people and environments.
Our 75-year success as a Family Enterprise is propelled by our
collaborative culture of Purpose-driven colleagues. We work in ways
that nourish our growth and build flourishing teams. We care about
each other, and embody the health and well-being we bring to the
The opportunities we have to make a difference in people's lives
drive us. If this inspires you, please join us at GOJO.
As a growing manufacturer of skin and surface solutions based in
Ohio, we are adding an HRBP to our Human Resource Team. This role
proactively and strategically partners with our senior leaders in
Finance, Legal, IT and R&D. Due to the additional of several
new manufacturing and distribution facilities, this role at our
corporate office is now open.
As HR Business Partner, this role proactively & strategically
partners with their workgroup leaders to create people & workforce
strategies that drive business results and create alignment to
enterprise priorities. This includes the development of specific
strategies for organizational planning, talent development,
building organizational capability, fostering employee engagement,
and solving HR/Talent issues. With the support of the HR team, this
role also works closely with peers, organizational leaders and HR
COE's, to implement and harmonize HR & Talent processes and to
ensure adoption across their workgroups.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of business strategies,
competitive landscape and current, anticipated and potential future
business challenges. Collaboratively create workgroup's talent
solutions from a holistic HR perspective within a relevant business
context while leveraging HR processes and systems.
- Engages & consults as a strategic business partner for
- Partners with workgroup & process leaders to workforce & talent
- Creates recruitment plan which includes demand planning, role
descriptions, and partnering with HR COE's on related areas (market
evaluations, recruiting, etc.)
- Consults with workgroup & process partners to ensure human
resource needs are met
- Lead organizational change through application of extensive
knowledge related to the business relationship development and
partnership skills, key internal company processes, as well as
Human Resources experience.
- Recruits, interviews and selects employees to meet staffing
needs when necessary
- Leads Employee Relations efforts for supported workgroups
- Leads Talent Planning & Succession efforts for supported
- Investigates accidents for supported workgroups
- Responds to OCRC /EEO charges
- Provides coaching, performance and disciplinary counsel to
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures
- Delivers and/or coordinates delivery of skill development, team
training and certification programs
- Maintains effective two-way open channels of communication with
- Interprets HR policy for decision making
- Makes termination decisions for supported workgroups
- Leads transition planning for supported workgroups
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Management or
related field required. Master's degree preferred
- Min 8 - 10 years of successful experience in a human resources
business partner role
- Must have prior HR management experience. Experience in
corporate environment preferred.
- Proven ability to prioritize rapidly; strong problem-solving
skills; excellent decision making/analysis skills; ability to
manage multiple projects simultaneously; change management.
- Must be able to analyze and make recommendations from large
volumes of data.
- The ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order
to gain support and achieve results and to manage multiple
priorities; demonstrated responsiveness to customer groups.
- Flexible, self-directed, motivated and able to interact with
employees at all levels.
- Support and consult with managers and employees in the
administration, interpretation and application of policies and
- Employee Relations experience
- Experience development & executing Talent & Workforce plans for
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Role requires a high level of strategic, change, and learning
To apply for this position, please complete the online
application process. You will have an opportunity to include your
resume and a cover letter. GOJO is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a
disability. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the
Recruiters, Search Agencies or others referring candidates to
GOJO Industries, Inc. without written authorization from GOJO
Industries, Inc. Human Resources will not be compensated in any way
for their online referral even if GOJO Industries, Inc. hires the
candidate. GOJO does not seek or respond to unsolicited resumes for
positions that are not listed in the Careers section.