Consulting Utility Forester | Work Planner - Akron, OH
Company: Davey Tree
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Requisition Number: 122088
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UVM - DRG Utility Vegetation Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Take ownership of your future. Join one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the nation while growing your career in
a dynamic industry! Davey Resource Group, Inc. has a unique culture
that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community
partnership, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled
client service while acting as industry leaders in utility and
environmental services. Become part of our energetic workforce,
build your career, and emerge as a leader in the green industry.
Spend your days outdoors and enjoy an engaging work environment
where we apply technology, communication, and teamwork to bridge
the gap between progress and nature. Get your hands and boots dirty
while educating the public on the growth of trees. Our positions
are for the adventurous and passionate!
What you'll do:
- Successfully contribute to all aspects of vegetation management
planning and analysis.
- Utilize technology, such as LiDAR, drones, and GIS to ensure
the delivery of safe and reliable power while maintaining national
- Educate the public about the benefits of planting the right
tree in the right place and proper tree care.
- Identify invasive species and incompatible vegetation in
- Identify tree and brush control work and protection zone
- Collect data and document work using hand-held computers;
assess terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions, & support
- Problem solve independently and coordinate within a team of
project managers, planners, and vegetation crews to create
What you'll need:
- Love of the outdoors and the ability to work and hike in rugged
terrain and inclement weather.
- Ability to read and follow GIS data and maps; ability to work
- Leadership experience and a desire for career growth will be
given a priority.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem-solving, meeting deadlines,
and technical innovation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Availability and desire to travel throughout the utility
- Valid Driver's License with clean DMV driving record and
ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle.
- Ability to identify local tree species & growth rates.
- Organizational skills; working knowledge of computers and
programs, file creation, manipulation, and sharing.
- Preferred: Two or Four-year degree in Forestry, Urban Forestry,
Horticulture or related discipline.
- Preferred: Relevant pesticide and/or Herbicide licenses and
certificates, if required by state law.
- Preferred: ISA Certified Arborist, ISA Utility Specialist,
Registered Professional Forester (RPF), Utility Right-of-Way
What you'll get:
- Recession-resilient career opportunities tailored to your
objective with a company identified by Forbes as one of America's
- Opportunity to work for and become an employee-owner with the
largest employee-owned service company in the country.
- An innovative and success-driven work environment that provides
an excuse to be enthusiastic every day.
- The opportunity to work in America's great outdoors with
teammates that will support your professional growth and managers
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety
Specialists & Skills Trainers through the Davey Institute of Tree
- A company vehicle for commuting purposes & cell phone.
- Competitive wages based on qualifications and experience and
excellent benefits including health, dental, vision & life
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees.
- Charitable matching gift program.
- Discounted stock purchase options & 401(k) retirement savings
plan with a company match.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
Who we are:
Davey Resource Group, Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of the
Davey Tree Expert Company, is focused and relentless in our pursuit
to help our utility clients deliver safe and reliable power to
their customers and maintain national security. We are
results-driven by our great people and the technology at our
fingertips. People who love being the best and being a part of
building something extraordinary. People who want to create change,
who love what they do and the people they do it with. We are
currently hiring Arborists, Foresters, Horticulturalists, Natural
Resource Specialists, and plant and outdoor enthusiasts. Various
full-time positions available include; entry-level, special
projects, and supervisory roles. We are seeking candidates who have
positive attitudes, excellent communication skills, and critical
attention to detail. Team players who have a thirst for knowledge
Keywords: Davey Tree, Akron , Consulting Utility Forester | Work Planner - Akron, OH, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!