Company: Ohio Living
Posted on: February 20, 2021
OVERVIEWSign-On Bonuses Available for Full Time!$5,000 for
RN$3,000 for LPNFull time, part time, and weekend warrior
available!The Charge Nurse - RN or LPN supervises the day-to-day
nursing activities of the State Tested Nursing Assistants (STNA) in
accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local
standards, guidelines, and regulations to ensure that the highest
degree of quality care is maintained at all
times.RESPONSIBILITIESOperations Management and Administration
- Directs the day-to-day functions of the nursing activities in
accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that
govern the facility, including the making of work assignments to
- Assists in implementing methods for coordinating nursing
services to ensure continuity of residents care.
- Administers medications and treatments in accordance with
physician orders and nursing standards of practice.
- Represents the nursing department during Interdisciplinary Care
Plan meetings. Is able to answer questions related to the plan of
care and delivery of services.
- Participates in various committee meetings.
- Makes work assignments and meets with Nursing Assistants
regularly to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas,
and the improvement of care and services.
- Provides direct nursing care as needed.
- Consults with the residents' physicians in planning resident
care, treatment, rehabilitation, etc. as needed.
- Notifies residents' physicians and families when there is a
change in the resident's condition.
- Authorizes and monitors the use of restraints when necessary
and in accordance with the facility policies and procedures.
- Admits, transfers and discharges patients as necessary.
- Works with Unit Manager to help reduce hospital
- Attends all-employee and departmental meetings and in-service
training as scheduled or as directed. Quality and Compliance, and
- Ensures that nursing procedures are followed by nursing service
personnel, and that they reflect the day-to-day nursing care
procedures used by the facility.
- Participates in the maintenance, and implementation of the
facility's quality assurance program.
- Ensures the procedures for the administration, storage and
control of medications and supplies are being followed by nursing
- Ensures that resident rooms, treatment areas, work areas and
equipment are maintained in a clean, sanitary, and safe
manner.People Management and Development
- Supervises STNAs.
- Fosters a positive work environment that attracts, retains, and
- Interviews, selects, and orients new direct reports.
- Defines, establishes, and promotes performance expectations so
direct reports understand and demonstrate excellence through high
quality and consistent performance.
- Evaluates job performance of direct reports in accordance with
the company policy and procedure and provides developmental
guidance to staff for improved performance and growth.
- Monitors accountability with organization requirements
prescribed by the Employee Handbook. Documents and engages
employees who are routinely not observing these requirements in an
effort to achieve compliance. Works with Human Resources when
circumstances arise that necessitate further documentation and
- Participates in the development, planning, scheduling,
conducting, and monitoring of in-service training programs,
on-the-job training, and orientation programs for departmental
- Ensures that there is a reasonable and sufficient plan for
staffing should a direct report be absent or a direct reporting
position be vacant.
- Responds timely and thoughtfully to questions, requests, and
work product from departmental staff that has been provided for
review and approval.All other duties as
- Nursing degree from an accredited college, university or
vocational school required.
- Current unencumbered license for the state of Ohio to practice
as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse
- One year of clinical experience in a hospital, long term care
facility, or other related health care facility preferred.
- Supervisory experience in a long-term care, hospital, or other
related healthcare setting preferred.
- Proficiency with electronic medical records (EMR)
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
language.LOCATION INFORMATIONOhio Living Lake Vista is Trumbull
County's premier life plan community. Services include long-term
nursing care, short-term rehabilitation, outpatient therapy and
assisted living. The campus also offers independent living
apartments and villa homes. Most importantly, we're a company that:
- chooses to operate as a faith-based, not-for-profit
- makes its mission the heart of our organization
- has a reputation for consistently exceeding the needs and
expectations of those we serve
- provides an engaging, team-oriented workplace dedicated to
career, family and faith
- commits to recognizing our employees for a job well doneWe're
looking for people who:
- have a passion for helping people, solving problems and
contributing to a positive work environment
- are excited about bringing their personal standards and ideals
to work each day
- understand that HOW you do your job is just as important as
WHAT you do in your jobWhy work at Ohio Living Lake Vista?Our
residents and employees have access to an on-campus library and a
walking trail that winds through our 32-acre campus and connects to
the Turkey Run Trail in Mosquito Lake State Park. Depending on an
employee's full-time, part-time or PRN status, they may benefit
- competitive wages
- affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement savings
- paid time off including your birthday
- training, continuing education, and education assistance
- pay advances up to $500
- free meals/meal allowance
- the latest technology
- unlimited career opportunities
- and much more!Who is Ohio Living?Headquartered in Columbus,
Ohio Living is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit,
multi-site senior living organizations. Since its founding in 1922,
Ohio Living has defined the highest standards of quality of life
for adults through its 12 life plan communities and Ohio Living
Home Health & Hospice in 50 Ohio counties.Our mission is to provide
adults with caring and quality services toward the enhancement of
physical, mental and spiritual well-being consistent with the
Christian Gospel.Our Values:Care Integrity Customer
ServiceInnovation Financial Stewardship Leadership
Keywords: Ohio Living, Akron , LPN Nurse, Other , Cortland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!