Experienced Cake Decorator
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: September 18, 2020
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent; No High
School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Fill tables and cases with cakes by taking product from prep
area to sales area.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock
- Apply merchandising principles that will help to generate sales
as well as WOW the guest.
- Take special orders from guests over the telephone and in
- Maintain quality of product for sale by checking sales area for
dates and condition of product.
- Document and/or record daily known loss.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work,
for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers and
ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for.
Bakery Team Members are also expected to have sufficient knowledge
to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Inspire your fellow Team Members and our guests with a passion
for food and a willingness to go the Extra Mile to provide the best
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food
safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor,
etc. to ensure that safety and sanitation regulations are met.
- Prepare and decorate product for the Bakery cases and displays,
rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed
and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Maintain proper safety and sanitation methods, emergency
procedures, cleanups, steritech, proper lifting and housekeeping to
ensure department standards are met.
- Accurately record special orders on Bakery products to ensure
the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Maintain department procedures, daily setups, order taking,
understanding copyright policies and proper product rotation.
- Constantly stay on top of new product knowledge and procedures,
such as product information by category, special orders, cake
program, portion control, seasonal items and mixing colors.
- Ice and decorate cakes by taking prepared icing and applying to
cake using spatulas and icing bags.
- Prepare icing and products for all cakes and other decorated
items by reading recipes, measuring ingredients, and mixing
- Assist in maintaining Bakery backroom, cooler and freezer
efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Operate department equipment, including mixers, scales,
airbrush gun, knives, cut gloves and personal protective equipment
- Assist in other areas as required.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Akron , Experienced Cake Decorator, Other , Fairlawn, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!